• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

More high frequency goodness

0ni

Registered Rustler
ChAoS & PAIN: Dude, So and So Got SO Fucking Jacked For That Movie: Chris Hemsworth

So, it comes down to this:
train six days a week, no exceptions
train twice a day if possible
use heavy compound movements to gain size, then circuits and complexes to refine it
eat big to get big, and eat paleo to get ripped
Boom. You've now read the exact same fucking thing about three different actors (in addition to two stuntmen). Starting to get the message?

Eat more, lift more, bitch less. If you look like shit, it's not genetics holding you back- it's just that you suck at life.

Regarding that quote you posted Oni
You can train hard and you can train often but you won't be able to train hard and often for very long.

How long is very long?
Seems like the more crazy my training gets the more progress I make. Lots of BBers in the 70's pre GH/slin did crazy workouts as well. Seems like HIT has made modern man weak. I think people should stop doing what BBers now are doing (I think low volume works well if you're pumping gh/slin into your system) but pretty much every huge natural / roids only successful bber did absolutely crazy volume AND they were strong. Just my observation

By long Oni I mean the whole journey, your lifting life and I was specifically referring to that article.
There's nothing wrong with that sort of workout, obviously it works as you can see how his physique changed in a short amount of time but remember though that he had an entourage of people doing everything for him and that's all he had to for 5 or 6 months not to mention a multi million dollar paycheck which I'd imagine would be pretty fucking motivating.

But still, he followed the basic principles that all successful lifters/bodybuilders have done over the years, eat well, train hard enough to trigger growth, rest/sleep accordingly.
As for how much volume well everyone's different, my workout volume is certainly more than what I see in your log, on average I probably do 12 sets per larger bodypart totalling 90 to 100+ reps and 6 to 8 sets for smaller bodyparts and I don't do a lot of so-called isolation exercises, never have.
I also usually rest less the 90 seconds between sets and at times as little as 30 seconds.
But my frequency is less, typically being 4 days a week, sometimes only 3 days for less than an hour each workout.

I do however occasionally go a little crazy and have marathon sessions or workout every day for a couple of weeks like I did on my recent holiday break but that's not something I or most anyone else could sustain for any long period of time.

Last edited:
Did you ever try training a body part more than once a week?
I honestly get weaker if I train a lift less than twice a week. My technique just goes to shit lol

Did you ever try training a body part more than once a week?
I honestly get weaker if I train a lift less than twice a week. My technique just goes to shit lol

I work each bodypart every 5 days and over the years I've pretty much tried everything in between.
If you continue training for years to come you'll find that your 'technique' pretty much becomes second nature.