• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Monthly Challenges

Ok my idea / can be adapted or refined a bit.

I think everyone needs work on their core and abs.

And this would serve to work at home - no equipment needed.

"Crunch Month"

Do each of these once a week, say generally 3 sets of 15. Add more reps as needed, as the month progresses.
Floor Crunch (3 sets of 20)
Horizontal leg raise (3 sets of 15-20)
Hover/plank (till failure? Or 3 mins)
Air bike (3 sets of 15-20)
Floor toe reach (3 sets of 15)
Side plank (45 seconds)
Tripod hover/plank (3 mins)

Can do these alongside your current workouts (so it doesn't have to be daily, as long as you get them all in each week), or do 1 a day and cycle them through. I listed 7 specifically for this reason.

Feel free to do extra as well, you might aim to do them all twice a week, depending on your current level.

Gives some flexibility and no need for this "catching up" business?

I love it. I don't even care what y'all are doin. I think I'm gonna do that.

If anyone is keen to start up monthly challenges in January post up. if there's enough interest we will do it again. I'm keen.
The last month of September was a bit of a right off since I departed for a lengthy holiday.
So post up if keen.

would be keen if im over my injuries by then. havent trained in 4 months could be a good way to back up to speed a bit

1 round of a barbell complex each day? I'd like it to be Defranco #3 as thats one of the only ones l can do.............

Ok I'll put up a poll in the next day or so. See what interest is around.
Would be a good way to commence the year.

So far:
Burpees (50 per day perhaps)
Barbell Complexes (KFG can elaborate)
Glute Challenge (CCM can elaborate :D )
Sit Up Challenge (50 / day)
HIIT Challenge (Grippy can elaborate)
Bodyweight Squats (100 / day over multiple sets if need be)

Any others before adding poll probably tomorrow?

So far:
Burpees (50 per day perhaps)
Barbell Complexes (KFG can elaborate)
Glute Challenge (CCM can elaborate :D )
Sit Up Challenge (50 / day)
HIIT Challenge (Grippy can elaborate)
Bodyweight Squats (100 / day over multiple sets if need be)

Any others before adding poll probably tomorrow?
is it possible to do things so it fits in with peoples regular routines ie. Monday 50 Push ups, Tuesday 50 Chin ups, Wednesday 50 Squats Thursday 50 Burpees yada yada? But you have to complete the weekly cycle over the whole month?

There's always one isn't there? :D

Long Paul Silver, it would be too difficult to fit into everyones schedule / routine.
I think the purpose of these would be too easily fit into ones routine after their regular training is done or perhaps (such as burpees) in the morning and regular training at night, which is how I intend to do it.
Good suggestion though. Please outline your details on how it would fit in everyday. :)

There's always one isn't there? :D

Long Paul Silver, it would be too difficult to fit into everyones schedule / routine.
I think the purpose of these would be too easily fit into ones routine after their regular training is done or perhaps (such as burpees) in the morning and regular training at night, which is how I intend to do it.
Good suggestion though. Please outline your details on how it would fit in everyday. :)
lets say someone running a 4 day split routine
Bench Day, they have to add 50 push ups at the end of their regular routine.
Squats day, they have to add 50 squats to the end of their regular routine.
Shoulder day, they have to add 50 db or kettleball swings to to the end of their routine
Deadlift day, they have to add 50 chin ups to end of their regular routine.
Off days they have to do 50 burpees.

Over and over for a month

EDIT: Fuck it, gonna be too cumbersome.

Last edited:
Which is what I was eluding too in the nicest possibly way. :p
just do 50 BW Squats per day :p. I won't participate but I'll watch you buggers get catabolic and crippled :D

Last edited: