• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Modern Manhood Challenge

I have no idea what my 1RM is :D
What rep range do you usually do in your training?
Besides, you're the one that suggested doing 50 reps, now get to it! :D

Last edited:
Well you have sone work to do then.

Trust me I was going to train today, but I am that sore it feels liked firs time I trained in my life, my whole body, shoulders, arms, legs are destroyed.

It is 50 reps as fast a they can be completed in proper form, with as little rest as humanly possible. The aim is to comple the reps that is it.

Last edited:
I was thinking of doing this challenge...but then came to my senses.

Maybe this workout should be timed?
That way, you can measure workload completed vs time.
One persons slow set of 50 deads might be alot easier than someone who does it in 3 sets, but at a faster rate.

I was thinking about timing it, but did not bother, I still have DOMS today all over my body from doing this, and have not trained since....so it is very taxing on the body, more than I ever expected, my lats, fore arms, biceps, triceps, legs, including calfs, even abs are all still sore.

So at this stage I don't like timing it or see a point it it, the challenge is to complete it and thats it, do as many reps as you can rest as short as you can and continue with as many reps as you can, no rest between exercises, and just power through it as good as you can.

Will do it again, may be tomorrow, and see if I can go further (ie do more reps) before having a little rest break.

I am considering just doing this for a few weeks and see if I can get to working my way up to doing it in one go, will see how I feel.

So everyone one here is too soft to take the challenge:eek::eek::D

Well today I got home from work, set the bars up, had a drink of water took a deep breath and went for it:rolleyes:

SQUAT - 77kg (1/2 1RM)
25, 15, 10 = 50 reps

BENCH PRESS - 65kg (1/2 1RM)
25, 10, 10, 5 = 50 reps

DEAD LIFT - 90kg (1/2 1RM)
10, 8, 8, 7, 7, 5, 5 = 50 reps

It was a killer, rest between sets were just long enough so I can keep going, my chest was burning, legs were shaking, heart was pounding, it is a killer, I was lying on the gym floor for about 10 minutes after completing it trying to compose myself.....well worth the effort, might even do it again on Friday, depending on how I feel.

The ultimate aim would be to do the 50 reps with no rest, but at least now I can see if I can better this effort by completing the challenge with less rest breaks!!

How was the "pump"? Lol