• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Meal/Shake replacement

The Hamburgler

Spotter Loader
Hey guys, since xmas break at work I've generally just been having the one break instead of 2 so . . .

I used to have brekky at 6 on the way to work, something at 9.30, something at 1.30, lift between 4/5 -6/7 then eat after which was great.

Now it's the same except without the 1.30 meal, and the 9.30 gets pushed back to about 10.30. This tends to present a problem a) trying to cram more calories into my 3 meals and b) I'm finding I get the shakes when i start lifting due to lack of energy.

Gonna start getting back into a bit of a rhythm with my meal planning soooo . . .

Brekky: 6am in the car on the way to work
1 cup uncle toby's oats
1 banana
handful of frozen mixed berries
200-300mL full cream milk

Smoko: somewhere between 10 and 11am
will depend on where I'm working (often don't have access to a fridge, microzapper etc etc)
Normally ends up being Subway or a snitzel sandwich from a cafe

Afternoon meal/shake: 3-4pm in the car
????

PW shake

Dinner: somewhere between 6 and 9 depending on what night it is
Whatever gets cooked lol (Might start cooking my own dinner though - good practise for when I move out)

So yeah, any suggestions for something I can eat/drink that'll hold sitting in my bag all day and won't make me sick for my workout lol

Dried fruit, cheese, almonds, any nuts really.

All meats can be eaten cold, so if you take a mini esky and put a cold pack in it, it will keep any meal cold all day.

You can get a premixed tuna and beans, it's very convenient.
A can of that and a banana would be good I think.

Me making a protein bar could be disastrous :p
Might give it a crack though. Preferably need something that's not going to be sitting in my stomach while I'm lifting either lol
Would you recommend high GI carbs with it as well?

Do you work on building sites or something mate? Maybe add some crushed oats and milk into one of your shakes, i used to do this out on the road to get me by.

Nah mainly service work so I'm in the van most of the day (another factor towards my bung hips I'm guessing)
Last few days I've just been having a protein shake with water. Not very filling though