• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Meal Replacements?

R

railings

Hi,

Name is Paul, am 36years old.

I am new to all of this so I need some advice, I have seen lots of great info here so I am sure these forums are a good place to ask.

I haven't exercised for about 10years, used to play rugby league for sport and lift weights for general health.

I am starting to exercise again and lift free weights at home.

I am confused about meal replacements and protein powders (flavoured), MRP seem to have more things eg carbs and vitamins etc.

I want to lose weight (fat) at this point while training muscle where possible, and looking for something like a MRP to keep me going between meals (ie will still eat whole foods breakfast/lunch/dinner) without me snacking on rubbish and to save me from preparing meals when short on time.

Can someone point me in the right direction about what to look for (years ago i used musashi P40 and originally Myoplex which is overly expensive - but i figure things have moved on since then)?

I don't know to go something labelled MRP or a flavoured protein powder would be better?

If you are looking to loose weight I do not think a MRP is required, however it does no hurt to have some for emergencies. Better still some whey protein powder and almonds, keep those handy.
Stick to 5-6 meals per day and rigorous exercise and you'll do fine.
Scout the nutrition forum for some advice.

Thanks for your reply, it was the 5-6 meals i was worried about.

I have 3 (probably 4) meals covered but was thinking of filling the gaps by having whey protein as you suggested but was worried if i did that i would be missing something important eg like not the right mix of carbs for those in between meals or something like that (which is why i was unsure if i needed MRP - or even if there is a noticable difference).

From what I understand, you saying I would be OK with any of the WCPs I see recommended around the forums here?

Also the almonds are they for at the same time as the whey or for other in between times?

Just remember there are no gaps. Forget breakfast lunch & dinner.
Think in terms of meal 1, meal 2, meal 3 etc, etc.
Plan your meals and pre-cook everything if you don't have the time.

Thanks your right, I was giving myself an excuse to be slack :)

No probs. By the way, you weren't thinking of a particular racehorse when you penned your username, were you?

Protein shake (no MRP crap just some protein, I use micellar) and some nuts. 200 calories from shake and 300 from nuts. Or add in some fruit or salad.