• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I am down, basically to support the missus.
Not sure how bangon I will stick with it. Suggested cals I worked out yesterday seem to be about 1800, I am sitting around 2000-2200 now.

Not sold on any of their supps, did a bit of research what is in each and only thing that has my interest because I don't fully understand it is the white kidney bean extract (carb blocker).
Does this pretty much just cause a slower break down of non starchy carbs or is it full of shit?

[MENTION=15941]steveP[/MENTION] ; Do you think we should reward ourselves after the challenge for sticking to it?

...........or would that make us too much like dogs

hahaha sorry mate, had to bring that up, I am surprised you even bothered trying to get through

@steveP ; Do you think we should reward ourselves after the challenge for sticking to it?

...........or would that make us too much like dogs

hahaha sorry mate, had to bring that up, I am surprised you even bothered trying to get through

Haha yeah some of the discussions on there are mind numbing. It's funny that the people giving the advice have no idea themselves. Or they've been into fitness for 6 months and are now experts. They all pretend they're prefect specimens and then put the weight back on after the challenge.

Haha yeah some of the discussions on there are mind numbing. It's funny that the people giving the advice have no idea themselves. Or they've been into fitness for 6 months and are now experts. They all pretend they're prefect specimens and then put the weight back on after the challenge.
First thing I do when I read someone's spill they have just gone on is click their picture. Then tell them to shut up via my screen.
Some of the stuff on that forum is just wow.

Little side note, what is the reasoning they give behind taking BCAAs with their nite shake shit. Seems a bit pointless apart from selling something in my eyes

I didnt even bother wth the forum, its going to be all newb questions with broscience answers

I was just having a look around and there is so many "answers" that make me want to smack my head against a wall haha

Yeah probably best to stay away for the first 2 weeks. It's a massive wave of newbie questions and over simplified borderline broscience answers. By week 3 and 4 most of the mouth breathers have dropped off and you can get some decent threads.

Max's and their sponsored "athletes" are always pushing their products, which I can understand seeing everything is provided for free. It's just a part of the challenge. Where did you see them recommending BCAAs with NiteTime? Both are in the meal plans but not together I didn't think. Then again I haven't had a close read of the meal plans.

They have so many people signed up, interested to see the percentage of people who drop off

MAX’S NiteTime
protein
MAX’S BCAA’s
MAX’S NAGG

Under the 15mins before bed. I am not paying too much attention to it, worked out the cals and macros and basically sticking to what I am doing, will reassess when they bring out the week 5-8

They have so many people signed up, interested to see the percentage of people who drop off

Pretty consistently over the years, 30% finish. On average about 7000 men sign up and 5000 women.

I'll check out the meal plans tomorrow. There are so many though so they could vary a lot.

Jeebus!!!

Thier social feeds have been flogged for 2 days by 1000's of people.... Already sick of seeing the hundreds of combinations of meat sweet potato and brocolli #mealprep

Cant wait to see the seriously people filter through, the overweight mums, the mega obese etc

Do the meal plans actually differ between everyone, weight and height dependent?
It differs between goals wether cutting or bulking.
It stipulates that if you are hungry have a larger portion size or eat to fulfil appetitie. In all honesty I haven't been hungry on any day.

[MENTION=9034]kaz[/MENTION] ; Yep understand between the shred and build differences. But meant would my meal plan they gave differ to Steve's or you husbands etc if we are all running the shred program.
My missus is doing the girls shred, half a chicken breast for dinner wtf is that

The actual meal plan file will be the same. They just say reduce by 10% or increase by 20% depending on your weight. It's a bit hit and miss seeing they don't give you the macro breakdown. The meal plans are designed for people around 80kg.