• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Maximising Minimalism

Why wouldn't you want to improve all lifts?

I mean, fair enough you often have to concentrate on one at a time, but...?

to improve on a weakness.

improving your weaknesses can boost your strengths as well.
You're right, that's true. In my case, I doubt I'll be able to bench much more until I get my back strength up. And I can't do that without getting my leg strength up.

It's almost as if all these muscles were in one body instead of being separate. :cool:

I do specialized bench sessions On
Tuesday at 5.00pm
Wednesday at 9.00pm
Friday at 7.00pm
Saturday at 10.00am

the progress so far is phenomanal

I'll post up details later

Great post that news letter. Brilliant. Like to read more on your bench specialization routine, i made decent progress on a 6x6, 6x3 and 4x8 and alternating the weeks. After 1 cycle you should be doing your triples on your 6 rep sets and 2 cycles the triples on the 8 rep sets (6 weeks total) have applied this to all my compound lifts with steady progress.
AZZA

We do a heavy session and a speed session.

We do assistance work after the main stuff.

Board presses at 3 different heights

Very heavy negatives

Kaos benching - kettlebells suspended on bands

Band pressing

chains

A heavy emphasis on tricep strength

For speed we do 3 rep on 3 seconds. Speed is the key to a big bench

If you bench slow, you bench low.

Two sessions per week are needed.

Results

Nick 115kg to 140kg
Dave 80kg to 95kg
Travis 105kg to 122.5kg
Chris 105kg to 120kg
Dim 80kg to 90kg
Max 75kg to 82.5kg
Alen 110kg to 120kg

this has been in the last 3 months

Ok could you pleae elaborate on this:

Military press
Squat
Bench press
Chin ups
Deadlift
Powerclean

How many sets and reps of each?
Timing?

All the same weight or do you increase the weights for each set until you get to a failure point.?

Those are some good stats. they are all lifting there bodyweight plus.
Im strong in all my lifts, just bench is my favourite, I would really love to build shoulder strength and the power clean has always interested me.

Ok could you pleae elaborate on this:

Military press
Squat
Bench press
Chin ups
Deadlift
Powerclean

How many sets and reps of each?
Timing?

All the same weight or do you increase the weights for each set until you get to a failure point.?

Trofius, before I answer, do me a favour and go the my website and read the newsletter called FOCUS.

I may not need to answer after that.

Those are some good stats. they are all lifting there bodyweight plus.
Im strong in all my lifts, just bench is my favourite, I would really love to build shoulder strength and the power clean has always interested me.

LOL....thats not their bodyweights, thats the increase.

Here is there bodyweight.

Nick 115kg to 140kg.........110kg bw
Dave 80kg to 95kg............98kgbw
Travis 105kg to 122.5kg.....87kgbw
Chris 105kg to 120kg.........97kgbw
Dim 80kg to 90kg..............65kgbw
Max 75kg to 85kg..............67kgbw
Alen 110kg to 120kg...........83kgbw

The PTC record for reps with bodyweight is 27 reps in 60 seconds, he wouldve done more, he just ran out of time, it was during a strongman comp.

The record for squats with 1 1/2 times bodyweight is 20 reps.

The record for reps with 200kg in the deadlift is 11.

"I haven't had sex with a woman in 11 years (without paying) but I can squat 443893899956lbs"

lewisSQ_large.jpg

No thanks.

Note that the picture is not of anyone at PTC.

You can be strong without being huge. Weightlifting has weight classes after all.

This woman is about 48kg,
OLYMPICS-WOMENS-WEIGHTLIFTING.jpg

this woman is also around 48kg,

Img214520161.jpg

and this about 58kg,

122639.jpg

as are these two women,

annajenni.jpg

while she's 120kg,

340x.jpg

You don't have to be huge to lift big weights. You only have to be huge to lift huge weights.

We do a heavy session and a speed session.

We do assistance work after the main stuff.

Board presses at 3 different heights

Very heavy negatives

Kaos benching - kettlebells suspended on bands

Band pressing

chains

A heavy emphasis on tricep strength

For speed we do 3 rep on 3 seconds. Speed is the key to a big bench

If you bench slow, you bench low.

Two sessions per week are needed.

Results

Nick 115kg to 140kg
Dave 80kg to 95kg
Travis 105kg to 122.5kg
Chris 105kg to 120kg
Dim 80kg to 90kg
Max 75kg to 82.5kg
Alen 110kg to 120kg

this has been in the last 3 months
Good lifts there. Do you do a full range of motion? When i do my incline bench i incorporate speed reps but do 3/4 reps. All the way down and dont lockout on set. My best at 93kg bw is 75kg for 18 reps under a minute.
AZZA

All exercises listed with PB's are perfectly performed full range unassisted lifts.

I do incorporate heavy partials, but generally dont talk about them much.

Nick benched 155kg x 3 on a 4 board press......limited range

I have had 1 client do a 210kg negative bench press. His bench press went from 100kg to 142.5kg in 12 months.

Max has done partial squats with 290kg weighing 68kg. Thats not a typo.

On Wednesday I had the guys do from chest to half way up. Theyre all complaining about sore pecs lol

Trofius, before I answer, do me a favour and go the my website and read the newsletter called FOCUS.

I may not need to answer after that.

Ok I had a read, but still dont get it totally

Do I just pick a heavy weight and do as many as possible,

or are you just doing one off max lifts? Do I just turn up to gym do my 6 lifts and bugger off?

Yes i am confused..But very interested in trying it out next week. I am just starting back again after a break, so starting a new routine now would be great.. I will start bench, deads, squats, military press, pullups. Never done a power clean but they look very jerky so will wait to try them, I DO have a seriously stuffed back.

Thanks for the post with the pics Kyle. I hate seeing the doctor for a check up or anything like that (ie Wii Fit) because he enters everything into a BMI calculator. My height and weight put me in the overweight category. I have a tiny waist (63cm thank you very much) and smaller boobs, all which indicate that I am at a decent body fat percentage, but because of the BMI he always tells me I need to be careful about my weight.

Why are the medical profession so naive? Next time I will just flex my biceps and say get stuffed.

Trofius, if you pick up a weight, do 4-7 reps till you fail, rest a few minutes, try again, then one morte time, and you keep trying to lift more and more weight, what do you think is going to happen? Your going to get stronger. Whether its 3x6 or 4x2 or 5x5, it doesnt really matter. Your effort is what you should be focusing on.

The reps and sets arent that important, but if you need structure, I have found around 24 reps per movement is good.

8x3
3x8
6x4
4x6
5x5
12x2.....you need less movements with this format

Thanks for the post with the pics Kyle. I hate seeing the doctor for a check up or anything like that (ie Wii Fit) because he enters everything into a BMI calculator. [...]

Why are the medical profession so naive? Next time I will just flex my biceps and say get stuffed.
Get a new doctor. Seriously, even the Army figured this out years ago, and they are not known for being at the cutting edge of things, very conservative. They brought in BMI measurements during recruitment. So if you had a big strong guy he'd be shuffled on to the doctor for a checkup of his "condition". The doctor would look him up and down and say, "um, he's fine, are you stupid?"