• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Mass gainers

Olive oil and peanut butter in a milk shake?
Never heard of that before.

I started with olive oil, then moved to peanut butter. Use whatever you've got.

/edit - not 'milk shake', it's more a 'chuck-it-all-in-and-see-how-it-turns-out shake'

Oil and milk gives me a stomach ache, so maybe peanut butter.
idk

You honestly wont taste the olive oil in the shake - but just chuck an extra scoop of peanut butter in the shake if olive oil will turn the stomach - if you like peanut butter just eat as much as you can!

If he wants the OP could buy peanuts in bulk. Heaps of calories. Easy as to eat a heap. Taste awesome.

If he wants the OP could buy peanuts in bulk. Heaps of calories. Easy as to eat a heap. Taste awesome.

Yea mate thats what I put in my last post with what I used to eat - peanuts are great - cheap, high cals, good fats, protein

Should I really eat a kilo everyday when I weigh 55?
Probably not needed but I was just trying to make a point about eating enough. As youyr 16 it makes things more difficult depending on your financial position. As others have said mixing your own mass gainer is the way to go if you really want to take a protein supplement. Lots of good advice has already been posted so I think if money is very tight and your parents dont want to help I would start smashing alot of milk. At $1 a litre its cheap calories and buy some homebrand ice cream topping if you want to give it some flavour.

Ok people keep talking about money for food being tough at 16. He is living at home. Most mums love feeding their kids, especially skinny kids. If this is the case just eat up.

You honestly wont taste the olive oil in the shake - but just chuck an extra scoop of peanut butter in the shake if olive oil will turn the stomach - if you like peanut butter just eat as much as you can!
It's that I'll taste it, when I have dairy and oily stuff it gives me a stomach ache like 20 mins after I eat.

Idk my mum sometimes buys salted peanuts at Aldi.
I still have some cashews, they good?

Ok people keep talking about money for food being tough at 16. He is living at home. Most mums love feeding their kids, especially skinny kids. If this is the case just eat up.

Yup but she wouldn't make things that would satisfy the nutritional requirements every night.

If you're lacking in protein then just drink more milk. Although the more carbs you eat, the less protein the body needs. Just make sure you're getting in good quality protein from animal sources at least once a day.
Don't be afraid to play around with meal frequency as well. Eating all the time is all well and good if you can do it, I never could.

I found it more beneficial personally to eat two meals a day, a smaller lunch and a bigger dinner. Eating all the time, I can keep it up for a week then I just get sick of eating. I find that I need to deliberately starve myself to get hungry and be able to eat. Sounds counter intuitive but if you REALLY need the calories but want to stay hungry then you can drink some thickened cream or something like that. Loads of calories, 200ml is 3,000 and it won't stop you from being hungry at all, there is no substance to it

It's that I'll taste it, when I have dairy and oily stuff it gives me a stomach ache like 20 mins after I eat.

Yup but she wouldn't make things that would satisfy the nutritional requirements every night.

Salted Peanuts are fine mate!

Just get to eating mate - those big shakes are your friend so dont be scared to have more than 1 a day and play around with what you put in it - just make sure the base of them are things like milk, peanut butter, high carb/cal fruit like banana's etc

Last edited:
Cashews are the worst of all the nuts.
Peanuts are pretty bad as well really, but I let them off because who doesn't like peanuts?
Almonds & walnuts, that's where it's at. You pay a bit more but it's worth it. I guess macadamia are great as well and people seem to have a massive hard on over macadamia lately. Most seeds as well are pretty dank. Trail mix is ideal for those that don't count carbs, the dried fruit is basically a full fruit but very tiny so you can really eat a lot. A box of raisins feels like nothing but it's like 50-60 grapes lol

Fuck I hope i wasnt this much of a peasant when i was 16.

For one you should probably have a part time job, or your parents have enough cash so you can afford to be spoon fed.

See the common theme in this thread, milk, bread, nuts, beef mince, its all cheap, eat whatever your mummy cooks you then wash it down with milk, grab a couple of peanut butter sandwiches or even better make up some rissoles/meat patties and make grilled cheesey beef sandwiches with BBQ sauce.

Cashews are the worst of all the nuts.
Peanuts are pretty bad as well really, but I let them off because who doesn't like peanuts?
Almonds & walnuts, that's where it's at. You pay a bit more but it's worth it. I guess macadamia are great as well and people seem to have a massive hard on over macadamia lately. Most seeds as well are pretty dank. Trail mix is ideal for those that don't count carbs, the dried fruit is basically a full fruit but very tiny so you can really eat a lot. A box of raisins feels like nothing but it's like 50-60 grapes lol

One brazil nut provides a days worth of selenium.

on the subject of mass gaining, you ram what you can in the pie-hole throughout the day/week.

On the subject of health, following this plan will have deleterious effects.

There seems to be way too much thinking in here. KISS method needs to be in place. Take whatever you are eating, eat it, then eat more. Drink 1-2 glasses of milk a day. Weigh yourself, if your weight starts to increase by over 3-4kgs a month, eat a little less