• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Mass Gain Workout Split

JJ I honestly can't believe those results without gear it's near inconceivable. I could only imagine a beginner who is a genetic freak could get those results. Why don't you post your before shots? Then in three months we can see if these mass gains are possible. Ptc (I think might have been vader) posted an article awhile back on physically how much muscle you can grow. I forget the results but unless your a beginner four kilos would take a year of strict diet and hard training not a month. Scoobysworkshop on YouTube has a good explanation on how much muscle the human body can grow. At BEST you can grow a thimble of muscle a day which isn't allot in three months but in a year or two eveyome can see your hard work.
Posted via Mobile Device

4kg gains in one month are certainly possible.... but in your first month alone.

If your coming off a diet and all of a sudden you start eating lots of carbs, your body will store a lot of liquid.

4kg muscle gain... nope

Jim Junkie = shaunton?

Or at least his training partner?

I thought the same thing.

All you gotta do is squats, deadlifts, bench and a few other compound movements, eat 6 meals a day taking in the right amount of protein, and youll pack on mucsle.

Over and out.

The workout is key, if your diet is right. Haha yeah the 4 kg wouldn't have been raw muscle, maybe some fat....some water but I definitely had strength gains

Jim you should talk to PTC and have a little chat about how lifting for athletics will still lead to mass gain if you eat enough. If would improve your athletic ability and still make you look better at the beach.

I was thinking he was like that Sedat55 bloke, he grew 1/2 an inch on his arms in 10 days, if Jim and Sedat pumped out a kid It would dwarf Arnie!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry but I'm pretty sure there is a degree of cleanness in choosing bulking foods.
No.

Please take the Broscience to bodybuilding.com and tmuscle where it belongs. Here we speak plain English about actual experiences.

Your body needs vitamins and minerals. It gets these from fresh fruit and vegetables, nuts and beans. Your body needs protein, fats, carbs and fibre. It gets these from many different sources, such as oats, Mars bars, and steak. Your body is indifferent to whether a kilojoule of energy comes from steel-cut oats, Mars bars or steaks.

The problem with Mars bars is that they have a lot of energy but not much vitamins and minerals. It's for this reason we prefer oats and steak. Not because they're "clean" foods, but because we want spark plugs to fire the fuel as well as fuel to pump into the engine of our bodies.

Nick has got results. Listen to him. As I said, here we talk about actual experiences, not some nonsense we read in a magazine or on our bro's forum.

Splits will not be conducive to your goals.
Gaucheharbour said:
Nick is a genetic freak and not everyone would get the same results from doing what e did so you can't use his results or anything other then inspiration.
Please post the results of Nick's lab testing which demonstrate this Get Fcking Big And Strong Gene.

There exists no test for good or bad "genetics" for strength and size. Thus, when we say "it's genetics", what we're really saying is "I dunno, maybe magic or something." If we don't know, we should just go ahead and say, "I don't know."

Nick's results may or may not be achieveable by everyone. They are certainly not achievable unless you lift really heavy and eat a heap. Try it and see.

Last year I had a competition with a guy on here, it was my full-body workout and nutrition vs his "instinctive" split routine and nutrition. I achieved ordinary but positive results, he disappeared and was never heard from again, we can only assume he gave up. Maybe it was genetics? My body in its late 30s, scoliosis, patella maltracking and illiotibial band friction syndrome gave me a great advantage over his perfectly healthy body in its 20s. Yay for genetics.

Gyms are full of guys doing split routines charfing down protein powder by the lorryload. Gyms are also full of guys who look the same two years after they started. Good luck, enjoy your curls.

I think we are just going to have to agree to disagree!

Everybody is different and different things work for them. I've found what works for me and am happy :)

Haha broscience? what are you on about :S

And I will give Nick plenty of respect just he needs to give some to get some.

No.

Please take the Broscience to bodybuilding.com and tmuscle where it belongs. Here we speak plain English about actual experiences.

Your body needs vitamins and minerals. It gets these from fresh fruit and vegetables, nuts and beans. Your body needs protein, fats, carbs and fibre. It gets these from many different sources, such as oats, Mars bars, and steak. Your body is indifferent to whether a kilojoule of energy comes from steel-cut oats, Mars bars or steaks.

The problem with Mars bars is that they have a lot of energy but not much vitamins and minerals. It's for this reason we prefer oats and steak. Not because they're "clean" foods, but because we want spark plugs to fire the fuel as well as fuel to pump into the engine of our bodies.

Nick has got results. Listen to him. As I said, here we talk about actual experiences, not some nonsense we read in a magazine or on our bro's forum.

Splits will not be conducive to your goals.

Please post the results of Nick's lab testing which demonstrate this Get Fcking Big And Strong Gene.

There exists no test for good or bad "genetics" for strength and size. Thus, when we say "it's genetics", what we're really saying is "I dunno, maybe magic or something." If we don't know, we should just go ahead and say, "I don't know."

Nick's results may or may not be achieveable by everyone. They are certainly not achievable unless you lift really heavy and eat a heap. Try it and see.

Last year I had a competition with a guy on here, it was my full-body workout and nutrition vs his "instinctive" split routine and nutrition. I achieved ordinary but positive results, he disappeared and was never heard from again, we can only assume he gave up. Maybe it was genetics? My body in its late 30s, scoliosis, patella maltracking and illiotibial band friction syndrome gave me a great advantage over his perfectly healthy body in its 20s. Yay for genetics.

Gyms are full of guys doing split routines charfing down protein powder by the lorryload. Gyms are also full of guys who look the same two years after they started. Good luck, enjoy your curls.

perfect sense to me!!!

Everybody is different and different things work for them. I've found what works for me and am happy :)
Results count. There's a reason we post our weight, lifts and so on in our sigs here.

Or for those of us coaching or training others, we can post about the results our clients have got, too.

Haha broscience? what are you on about :S

Its a tone thing...

Building a solid musculature really is simple. What magazines do is take that easy formula and bro it up and make it all cutting edge and new age and complicated so they can sell more magazines and new cutting edge product that will make all the difference. Your tone sounds a tad magazine guru, split routines and funky diets.

If the mags came out and said that you should do a three day split centred on the three big compounds of deads, squats and bench with complimentary supporting exercises in each split then they wouldn't be able to sell their mags. If they came out and said that all you need to eat is meat and veg to ensure you get 4gms of protein for every kg of bodyweight and enough calories to be above your Base Metabolic Rate so you can grow on a 50:40:10 protein:carbs:dietary fats mix then they wouldn't be able to sell their jacked and other fad dietary aids.

Sometimes the simple answer is the correct answer. Simple but difficult. Discipline in both diet and progressive poundage is the key. Slow and steady wins the race. Its boring, but it works. Did I miss any slogans? Oh yeah, eat, lift, sleep, repeat. You get the idea... Steer clear of fads and gimmicks, they'll lead you down the wrong path. Listen to the big guys here like Nick and Markos and others that have walked the path before you. If you're humble then you might learn a lot from these guys. I'm a 40 year old man who is listening to everything Nick and others with a proven track record have to offer. I know squat compared to them...

Cheers,
Mike