• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

makeing a pre workout supp

jasol88

hay all, wondering if its possible to make a pre work out drink what are the key ingrediants? quantity used? place to buy?

sick of buying NO suups at $80+ and only lasting a few weeks

Sometimes getting a ready made stack is easier, but I don't mind preparing stuff the night before (no water until I'm going to drink it)

Shake:
protein 60g (4.5kg for $150) 4500/60 = 75 servings
creatine 5g (1kg for $50) 1000/5 = 200 servings
arginine 5g (300g for $70) = 60 servings

$210 for 60 servings and if you're only going to use it PreWO then thats two calendar months or 3 workout months (ex weekends)

Then I eat a banana 1.99 / kilo

Then Purple wraath 2 mins before and intra.

Last edited:
arginine 5g (300g for $70) = 60 servings

dude, not sure where you are getting your arginine from, but might i suggest bulk nutrients? Bulk Nutrients

$65/kg for base arginine, or slightly more for AAKG or AEE :)

this is where i get mine from. by the sounds of things, you are getting ON 100% or something similar for your protein, i would personally rather get 20kg unflavoured for $300, but i get that some people like flavoured protein better

if you buy all unflavoured stuff, you can make a preworkout supp VERY cheap

dude, not sure where you are getting your arginine from, but might i suggest bulk nutrients? Bulk Nutrients

$65/kg for base arginine, or slightly more for AAKG or AEE :)

this is where i get mine from. by the sounds of things, you are getting ON 100% or something similar for your protein, i would personally rather get 20kg unflavoured for $300, but i get that some people like flavoured protein better

if you buy all unflavoured stuff, you can make a preworkout supp VERY cheap

Yeah i got ripped off 60 bucks for 300 grams or something of AAKG from suppliment warehouse the bastards.. Oh well

FYI WPI is 450/20kg not 300 at the site you pointed me to which brings it to $50 cheaper that the ON stuff and now you have to buy flavoring and sweetener for 20kg of powder, then take time to mix the stuff yeh I cant see the benefits but hey thats just me. Agree with the AAKG vs base Arginine but they didn't have it when I bought this at the supps store, had to buy something :)

Last edited:
FYI WPI is 450/20kg not 300 at the site you pointed me to which brings it to $50 cheaper that the ON stuff and now you have to buy flavoring and sweetener for 20kg of powder, then take time to mix the stuff yeh I cant see the benefits but hey thats just me. Agree with the AAKG vs base Arginine but they didn't have it when I bought this at the supps store, had to buy something :)

i was actually referring to the WPC ($290 + $12 shipping). plus i don't think ON is pure WPI? i'm pretty sure it's a mix between WPC and WPI. but again, that comes down to personal preference also.

IMO, all protein powder is essentially the same, or has at best, marginally better effects (eg WPI vs WPC), so why pay big dolllars for it? $302 for 20kg of protein goes a LONG way!! but yeah, just my opinon :) i agree it is personal preference, and i have found that most people who buy flavoured protein are unwilling to get unflavoured, despite the huge saving. just making you aware there are cheaper alternatives out there!

If u cant put some stevia and cinnamon into protein powder to save some cash u have some issues..

Wow sorry didnt know we were breaking things down to a molecular level. I can afford not to have to noob, if youre short on money then do it the way you want mate, theres a thing called cost benefit analysis that grown ups use to make decisions, let me know when youve finished primary school and I might let you in on the detail. Anyway I'm leaving it there, the point I was trying to make to op has been made, the point you guys have made is that you buy bulk and save, well done.

Wow sorry didnt know we were breaking things down to a molecular level. I can afford not to have to noob, if youre short on money then do it the way you want mate, theres a thing called cost benefit analysis that grown ups use to make decisions, let me know when youve finished primary school and I might let you in on the detail. Anyway I'm leaving it there, the point I was trying to make to op has been made, the point you guys have made is that you buy bulk and save, well done.

I suppose we need idiots to fuel the economy.

If you like to buy 80% protein for 140 for 4kg thats fine.

I prefer to pay 100 for 6kg. But say u were getting 6kg as well. There is this thing called cost benefit analysis that grown ups use to make decisions. If i made 40 bucks per hour after tax I would have to work an extra hour to afford an inferior product because i dont want to spend 5 minutes putting flavouring in it. Yeppp

Real smart cookie there :rolleyes:

yawn....move out of the caravan in the front of your mothers house then we can talk. BTW for those of us that earn more than $40 an hour theres less time in the day to be stuffing around mixing stuff, not foolish just have more money than time. Anyway mr scientist I hear your mum calling you, go back to your sandpit and keep pretending you know anything about the economy. I'm here to have creative discussions not argue with some noob.

U seem to have enough time to sit here and talk ****. More money then sense by the looks of it.

I see your from sydney why dont you drop your childish attitude and calls grow someballs come around and say it to my face.

interesting convo...... :)

By the way, some people like unflavoured whey, for reasons other than cost...
I used to always buy flavoured stuff, but after buying some unflavoured WPI from Protein Direct the other week - I could see myself sticking to it, as it's quite versatile compared to the flavoured stuff. Plus it doesn't have the junk additives some of the better known protein powders have in them.

Noobs and Kingpin; I'm sure (damn sure) that both of you fine gentlemen have something to offer here and it's not what I'm reading. I'd like to learn from both of you and would ask you kindly to make my job as a new mod easier.

I thank you both for your time.

Fadi.

what are you guys mixing it with? is it ok to use juice? that bulk nutritions looks good
i was thinking of getting
L arginine x 1kg
beta alanine x1kg
creatine x 1kg
what you recon?

depends what your training is like

get the aakg instead of l-arginine isnt much more expensive.

Creatine is consumed post work out.

cheers, is juice ok? would taste soo much better than water

as for the creatine i thought it didnt matter when it was taken? aslong as it was daily? all the pre workout supps ive used have had creatine in em

Most things i have read say better absorbtion with insulin spike after training.

I take my amino acids off the spoon and chase with water.

Just sour not the end of the world.

I take my amino acids off the spoon and chase with water.

Just sour not the end of the world.

You're tough and I mean tough! I was given them for free and declined the offer.

I'm glad you also taking some form of protein there noobs. According to Ivy et al. there's a 24% improvement in exercise endurance when protein is taken with carbs and 57% improvemnt over water alone. Now you know why I've included those 6g of protein in my pre/during workouts.

Well done mate.

Fadi.

Oh come on if you can stomach kibbe naye surly u can cop some aminos.

I usually start drinking my shake after my squats so by the time i am finished shake is gone.. Then go and eat a proper meal. I used to take a double espresso with dextrose before training then swapped to greentea.. But after your insight on cortisol have stopped all..

I still drink green tea though in morning and afternoon.

I went to vitamin king in merrylands today for a laugh. Place was full of guys buying superpumpanabolictestostejuice20000000 this and that and 2 stick figures having a discussion one telling the other to get on the gearwith him.. Another women left because they only had "bodybuilding" protein. Was entertaining.