• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Major gas with protein powder

i do train for about 2 to 3 hours 3 times a week i do the hole body with my bro thats y iam there for so long

You train your whole bod each session? That's crazy! For one you're overtraining certain muscles, since they're being worked out 3 times a week. Also, some muscles are being worked out even more such as triceps without the chance to recover.

Remember recovery is more important than gym time.

Chances are you'll also get sick of doing weights sooner rather than later.

Personally, I do a 3 day split and my sessions rarely go over the 45 min mark. That way it doesn't become such a burden on my lifestyle and doesn't seem like a chore.

But hey, every body is different and if it's working for you, best of luck and keep up the gains :)

i train my whole body 3 times a week for around 45-60 mins a session. its not crazy at all if you rest and eat well

i train my whole body 3 times a week for around 45-60 mins a session. its not crazy at all if you rest and eat well

So you'd mainly do all core exercises? I'm guessing that'd be the most efficient way to get it all in.

And your body's recovering?

yeah all compound movements. squats, deadlifts, cleans, presses etc. if i tried to do full body by isolating mucles each session i'd never get out of the gym lol. So far my bodys doing well i started this style 4 months ago but i went overseas for the 3rd month and didnt train at all so my body has had some time off. so far so good though but yeah you have to make sure your eating enough and getting enough sleep as well. im eating shitloads at the moment and getting about 7-8 hours sleep a night, ive also stopped going out much on friday and saturday nights so i think that has helped with recovery a lot too

yeah all compound movements. squats, deadlifts, cleans, presses etc. if i tried to do full body by isolating mucles each session i'd never get out of the gym lol. So far my bodys doing well i started this style 4 months ago but i went overseas for the 3rd month and didnt train at all so my body has had some time off. so far so good though but yeah you have to make sure your eating enough and getting enough sleep as well. im eating shitloads at the moment and getting about 7-8 hours sleep a night, ive also stopped going out much on friday and saturday nights so i think that has helped with recovery a lot too

Brilliant, sounds like it's really working for you. Good stuff!

UPDATE - Did my workout in the morning and had my post workout shake. It's now been about 2 hours since and so far so good.

Looks like it could've been left over from gastro I had prior. Will let you all know if the shite hits the fan ;)

Cheers,
Ed

More people should do these workouts. Most trainees over analyse ther split workouts and over train. You could cover all the compound lifts over the week but not do them all in one workout. You only need to stimulate some growth so loads of volume is not concern.
AZZA

iam not on full body for ever iam going on to push and pull split session in 3 weeks

Hi, This is my first post, I have been reading the comments in this thread and was wondering if there is a type of bench mark for weight gain. I have put on approx 9kg since Oct last year- so 10 months. Which I was wraped with, as I have never been able to put on weight before doing the weights 3/ 4 time a week.
Then you read 4kg gain in 4 weeks ! Is there more I could be doing? or is approx 1kg a month a fair gain?

Also I have had similar probs with the shakes (gas etc) but it did settle after a couple of weeks - which was last year, been all good since.

Regards,

Paul

Welcome Paul! Sorry, can't help you, trying to lose fat here and if muscle grows as a byproduct I'm not complaining LOL

BTW, Pretty much confirmed that gastro and not protein powder was the culprit. Yes, it does make gas a bit smellier but the gut upsets are gone, so hopefully any minor issues will disipate (as some members can attest to).

So Max's GTE WPC is not to blame. After all that let's hope the stuff works. ;)

tbs2 this what i have been doing and has been working for me
my diet is nothing special plenty of chicken and veg also salad and tuna i dont eat to much red meat i have a protein drink before and after i go to the gym and on my rest days i have one protein drink.

at the gym i do a full body work out on monday, wen ,fri the work is
flat bench press
incline peck flies
45 degree leg press
leg curls
latpulldowns
seated rows
shoulder press
upright rows with ezy bar
tricep with rope
dumbell curls
ezy bar curls
seated crunches
i have only been doing this for 5 weeks now

Look at Keen Katie now, come so far from cardio bunny days :D

Didn't catch this thread before, I would have said it was the gastro. When I had my bout when I could eat again the first thing I had was weet bix with milk,

big mistake.

I felt like...

giant_tuba.jpg