• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Maintenance

V

vinnie

What type of lifting is done for general maintenance? after you have reached your goals and happy with yourself, do you just stop increasing the weight you lift to stay in shape? Whats next?

I haven't reached my goals yet but I am getting pretty close, I l just want to keep what I have built. Thanks

If you have built your physique to a level you are happy with, obviously you were eating excess calories above maintenence.

Why not just reduce your calories if you just want to keep what you have built and train the same way you were when building your physique?

Or are you looking to reduce your training to a minimum while still keeping what you have built? If so, maybe you could do a full body routine maybe twice a week to maintain? It would be different for everybody and would have to suit your schedule and personality.

How long have you been training?

I find it hard to believe that anybody will really truly be happy with their physique goals, and not want more.
You will never know until you get there.
There is always room for improvement, unless you have reached an elite level.

Personally, I've been training on and off for 10 years, alot of complete years off in that period though. Never put more than a few months together so little progress.
But now, I have been consistent for about 6 months and have had good results. I'm thinking that I will reach my ultimate physique in about 5 years from now with consistent training and diet.
I have learnt that a great physique takes time to build and mature.

Good Luck.

sure i could go further then what i have done now , still so much that i could do , but i am happy with what i have now, just wanted to add a bit of shape to the body a few outlines , not really all that interested in having a super high physique muscles bulging out all over the place

i was looking to reduce my training to a minimum so might go for the full body option give that a shot

if you reduce your training you may loose muscle. Do as Hulk said and reduce your calories to maintenance rather than surpluss.

Last edited: