• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Maintaining and managing a good diet for real tradey???

craze

I need some help please. Since working for myself i no longer have the luxury of set break times, a refridgerator or microwave.

I am an electrician and want to get seious again about my diet.

I dont know how to go about it, i cant nuke my food or use a fridge. It has to sit in the car

Anyone in similar situation that can give some advice?

I like meat/chicken/eggs

I need some help please. Since working for myself i no longer have the luxury of set break times, a refridgerator or microwave.

I am an electrician and want to get seious again about my diet.

I dont know how to go about it, i cant nuke my food or use a fridge. It has to sit in the car

Anyone in similar situation that can give some advice?

I like meat/chicken/eggs
no fridge? get a eski and put ice blocks in it, what we do on site is freeze our drink bottles, so they act as the ice block things, and you can take them out and they stay cold for half the day. eski = portable fridge.

get a shitty nuke box and keep it in the back seat of you car when you go to work, we keep ours in the trailer, other option is a toasted sandwich maker, can use it like a cook top to cook eggs n shit

I just started in a similar situation, I'm seriously contemplating not eating at all between breakfast and knock off.

Ate at 6am then again at 5:45pm today, wasn't too bad...

Ice brick's in an esky.
Prepared cold foods eaten cold.
Canned food.
Ambient foods like rice crackers etc.

Sandwich maker and esky is all u need. If u got room in the van and can be fucked dragging it out all the time then get a cheap microwave as well

Sandwich maker and esky is all u need. If u got room in the van and can be fucked dragging it out all the time then get a cheap microwave as well
not even, make a spot for it and run an extension lead out

I used to take a termous full of chicken and rice, stayed hot all day

Esky for me was standard, Filled with ice water bottles as i drank heaps all day, keep fruit ect in there.

And a microvave is easy...... And portable grill.

Fridays we brought the oil drum BBQ and cooked up kilos of steaks over fire/coal - but thats a bit of a luxuary.

I know days I'm not home for lunch I keep it simple. Something to eat before I go. Bring food I don't need to cook for lunch and big dinner when I get home. Couldn't be stuffed fucking around bring microwaves and shit. Lol.

i reckon you should man up and eat it cold lol. i'm an electrician like you and i prepare my food the night before like rice and chicken or fish and leave it in the fridge until i leave the following morning and eat it as is at lunch time.

Cold food is disgusting in my opinion, no way I could eat cold rice and chicken, I see other people do it, eat cold spaghetti, or stir fries or even steak, nearly makes me vomit just seeing them do it.

I don't believe you are an electrician and you ask this:confused:

There are plenty of car fridges available for any budget, so not sure what you mean by no fridge, of if you are tight buy and esky and freeze some water bottles...instant fridge.

A microwave can be bought for less than $100, and just needs some power (should be easy for an electrician), other options are electric or gas cooker, electric fry pan, electric hot plate, electric cook pot, all available cheap, I have a Big W gas cooker that cost me $19 that works perfectly and is no bigger than a battery drill box.

Your on the money mick, As much as i love my food, Id rather starve till i got home and could tuck into a hot meal then eat cold leftovers.

+1 on the portable gasser, Me and the boys would always have one handy for a weird hour cook up :)

Cold food is disgusting in my opinion, no way I could eat cold rice and chicken, I see other people do it, eat cold spaghetti, or stir fries or even steak, nearly makes me vomit just seeing them do it.

I don't believe you are an electrician and you ask this:confused:

There are plenty of car fridges available for any budget, so not sure what you mean by no fridge, of if you are tight buy and esky and freeze some water bottles...instant fridge.

A microwave can be bought for less than $100, and just needs some power (should be easy for an electrician), other options are electric or gas cooker, electric fry pan, electric hot plate, electric cook pot, all available cheap, I have a Big W gas cooker that cost me $19 that works perfectly and is no bigger than a battery drill box.

I know a guy that got one of those cheap gas cookers. Pretty much new and it blew up on him. Ended up in hospital for a while with bad burns. You won't see me using those cheap pieces of shit ever again.

When I'm on the road I just take tuna and a salad. also take protein shakes and nuts (usually almonds)
I'll have my bigger meals in the morning and when I get home.

electric fry pan, gas cookers??? we don't have time to sit and cook lunch lol. By the time its lunch time, the food isn't that cold anyway. I've had cold spaghetti and lasagne for lunch, its not bad. Come to think of it, I've been an electrician for almost 14 years and have never heated my lunch up once. Mind you I make tuna sandwiches once in a while.

electric fry pan, gas cookers??? we don't have time to sit and cook lunch lol. By the time its lunch time, the food isn't that cold anyway. I've had cold spaghetti and lasagne for lunch, its not bad. Come to think of it, I've been an electrician for almost 14 years and have never heated my lunch up once. Mind you I make tuna sandwiches once in a while.

I call bullshit I'm yet to meet a hardworking sparky.

Whats up bro breaking a sweat wiring that j box.

Edit carne beat me too it. Nice work champ. Spose the sparky geys the last laugh when he gets paid every week.

what do u mean, we are the most important people on a job site lol. without power you wont have any tools to do anything.

start cooking before you want lunch, chuck a steak on, go back to work, return to flip, return to work, have your lunch, profit.