• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Lunch time work outs?

Yep - lunchtime is great at Dohertys, city. By 2pm, everyone is gone.

I get 2 hours for lunch though.. :) Eat at my desk afterwards.

Flexible work hours.. part of the perks of being a manager.

Last edited:
thanks
legs were a bit wobbly on the walk back to the office!
expecting DOMS in the next 2 days haha

i legpress between 180 - 240 is this good or crap?

thanks
legs were a bit wobbly on the walk back to the office!
expecting DOMS in the next 2 days haha

i legpress between 180 - 240 is this good or crap?

farrk I'd say that's pretty good! lol

I'm leg pressing 140kg at the moment and can go higher over the next few weeks - 180-240kg is a fckn champion of an effort! And yes, the DOMS will be strong! mwahahaha

i've seen a dude with literally every available plate and his friend sitting on the machine pump them out the other day - would have been 500kgs+ ...and the record is over 1000, so i wasnt sure if i was good or a bit shit haha

i've seen a dude with literally every available plate and his friend sitting on the machine pump them out the other day - would have been 500kgs+ ...and the record is over 1000, so i wasnt sure if i was good or a bit shit haha

Its all well and good loading up the leg press amchine with all these weighs, but the important thing is to but using a full ROM, far to often i see people load the machine up with a heap of weight (as it is easy to do and "looks" impressive) then do half or quarter ROM leg press.....

yep. i go deep haha

I modify feet positioning during sets. This gym does not have a calf machine (don't know the proper name for it) - are people for / against going straight legged (flat foot to balls of feet) to replicate this movement on leg press or not?

Its all well and good loading up the leg press amchine with all these weighs, but the important thing is to but using a full ROM, far to often i see people load the machine up with a heap of weight (as it is easy to do and "looks" impressive) then do half or quarter ROM leg press.....

Don't overdo the ROM and strain an intercostal muscle like i did however... tis still sore 11 days later.

yep. i go deep haha

I modify feet positioning during sets. This gym does not have a calf machine (don't know the proper name for it) - are people for / against going straight legged (flat foot to balls of feet) to replicate this movement on leg press or not?

I've done that in the past, probably replicates a standing calf raise more than a seated one though (upper calf), you'd still want to do seated calf raises (just put a plate on your knee sitting on a bench with a block under front of feet).

Don't overdo the ROM and strain an intercostal muscle like i did however... tis still sore 11 days later.

Yeah true you just have to go a deep as you can without letting your lower back round and lift off the bench..

With using the leg press to do calves I say go for, I do it quite often to change things up, but I will keep a little bend in the knees to be safe..

i think i will give this a real go
i like my sleep in the morning
i like my chill out time at home on the couch after work
so lunch it is

i am wondering... How does your boss feel about you working out during lunch and having lunch during work time?

i am wondering... How does your boss feel about you working out during lunch and having lunch during work time?

I've been doing this for almost 5yrs now and noone has ever said anything, so i am assuming they are fine with it.

My office is full of waifs and Indian contractors - no sports, no fitness, no nothing. There is one other guy I know a floor down who goes to Doherty's after work, and we're about it.

I think the others all think, "if he can be bothered to do it, why not let him".

I could think of nothing worse than feeling rushed during a workout and then having to go back to work afterwards

I could think of nothing worse than feeling rushed during a workout and then having to go back to work afterwards
For me i dont feel rushed, it keeps me motivated and focused throughout the workout, i still get in 4 - 5 and occassionally 6 exercises of 3 sets in approx 40 mins workout time.