• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Lower Back Pain?

chad

Hi guys,

This weekend I've had a lot of pain in my lower back... It's not so bad when I've been moving around for a while but when I rest like sit on the couch for a bit or lay down, I get a pretty sharp pain and my lower back goes really stiff.

What could this be? I'm scared to do heavy weight work now ie. squats and DL's as my back is definitely not something I wanna be stuffing around with!!

Should I go light in the gym for a while till the pain subsides or just stop all together?!

Also, is there any special warmup / excercises I can do to help this?

*and do those belts I see people wearing at the gym (don't know name) help support the lower back?

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
Not sure, didn't notice any pain at the gym but I can only assume its from either squats, DL's or bent rows..

Yeah I will defs look around for a physio, don't think I'll do any compound exercises involving my lower back until I find out what's happened!

*might just add that I have had lower back pain in the past but not as bad as this.

Last edited:
chad, does it feel like you've pinched or pulled something? Does it feel like DOMS in the area? Or does it feel like something inside? (i.e. kidneys?) Any referred pain? (i.e. pain anywhere else? Abdomen? Down the sides of your legs?

Given that you don't recall injuring yourself, I'm a bit dubious about this one. Have you only just started DL's and Squatting and bent over rows? Or have you been doing them for some time already?

Most injuries come down to poor form, most of the time. But you need to have a think about where the pain is. What it feels like and when the pain worsens and seems to abate?