• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

low volume, high intensity routine?

fqqs

my current goal is bulk&strength. i try to make 1 week off every 8-12 weeks. i weight 170 lbs (5 7 height). i just want solid , simple routine which i could stick to. im all natural. i think low reps are a way to go. but im open for anny routines that will work. i heard that pull push legs is one of the best, but i found that doing overhead press after bench isnt comfortable. so i wounder about layout: back/biceps , chest/triceps/abs, legs/shoulders

and I currently workout at home, so prefer front squats instead of back ones. dont have safety pins for back squats.

sorry for my english, im form middle europe.

thank you all helpful people here

Back/Bis

Deadlifts 3x5
A Row 3x6
W. Pullups 3x6
Bicep Curls 2x8
Alt. Hammer curls 2x8

Chest/Tris/Abs

Bench 3x6
DB Inc Bench 3x6
Chest Dips 3x6
Triceps extensions 2x8
Hanging leg raises 3x12

Legs/Shoulders

Front Squat 4x6
Romanian deadlifts 4x6
bulgarian split squat 3x8
Military Press 3x6
Standing bb calf raise 3x15

front squats (and DL -to a lesser extent) will tax my abs/core very hard so i think i dont need more direct ab work here. what do you think?

Have you ever trained before?

To save everyone else the trouble I will recommend on of the beginner programs regardless lol

been training consistently for 2 years. bench press 105kg , deadlift 150kg, 14 unassisted pullups, fornt squat 95x5. weight 75kg (165lbs) / 174cm height / 5 7

I tried different routines over that 2 years. full body routines/pull &push/ pull/push/legs , upper/lower 4 days a week usually rep range >6 and close to 10. since recently i tried 3 day push pull legs 5x5 , and I think 5 sets were too much to progress on weight each training. on de4adlift i had only 3 sets and can progress each workout, same bb curls (2x8). but at bench, overhead press where i did 5x5 i couldnt add any weights.

my nutrition is very good, 250 protein from meat/eggs, 400g carbs, 90g fat, so it isnt the reason im not gaining

i simply would like to pick good 3 day routine for natural amateur bb, which will allow me to up my physique and strength.

I started at 65kg 2 years ago. barely could bench 50x3 - ectomorph

I think full body 3x a week with linear progress is best for most beginners.
Starting Strength is great for adding mass in beginners, you want to be adding weight as fast as possible as a beginner and the best way to do that is sets of 5 reps

FAQ:The Program - Starting Strength Wiki

Maybe up your calories evenly across the macro range by about 500cals, stick to it for a month and see if your progress gets better.

Here is a routine you could try:

Squat
Stiff leg deadlifts
Bench press
Barbell curls
Shoulder press
Deadlifts
Dips

Do 3x8 on all exercises

That's a fairly basic full body program, you could prob do way better than that as you been training for 2yrs, I only been training for about 4 months so I cannot recommend much, but it is basic and full of compound movements. Something like it would probably suit you for 3 times a week.