• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Low carb, high protein, zero sugar cheesecake

The texture was perfect, not too heavy, but it was a little bitter, im not sure if i didnt add enough stevia, or if the frozen blueberries made it bitter. Since I bought enough ingredients to make 2 of these, ill tweak it in the next couple days. Ill post a pic of the stevia i used, so people can see which brand, its the one thats crystalised in a way that its supposed to be cup for cup with sugar, infact, a container that looks to be about 1L of granular stevia is only 75g. I may have needed to add 1+1/2 cups rather than just 1 cup. Also I forgot to add the half cup of milk, but it didnt seem too heavy.

I will also try adding a few scoops of natural flavoured wpi to increase the protein per slice, ill make sure i dont forget the milk when i add the protein, i dont want to make it too heavy.

Also, if instead of adding the berries frozen to the mix, i might try to sautee them in a frying pan and caramelise them a bit first, and make a berry kind of sauce to swirl through the top, Im adding blue berries for their anti oxidant boost rather than flavour anyways.

The most important thing about this recipe is the Nutrient value.Too much protein with too few carbs.The Ingredients also show that the recipe needs to be tried at least once...
chicago weight loss

I read the page you quoted, it supports the high protein low carb diet as the most successful. But the purpose of this recipe isnt to replace regular meals, its to give another option to those that need more protein in their diet, Such as Bodybuilders and powerlifters and athletes.

I know I get enough carbs and essential fats from my diet, but i need supplementary protein. Im sick of shakes, they make me feel bloated (tho fadi's latest protein review has me wanting to try that product) I also physically cant eat a lot of solid foods like meat, so i need easily digested protein sources, such as the home made protein bars and this cheesecake to get enough protein to maintain muscular growth.

High Protein, low carb is how ive gone from 45+% body fat @ 127kg down to 18% @ 87kg in 18 months, and how i plan on continuing on to end up around 12-14%@87kg

Thanks for the review kxy :)

As my first was a blueberry one also, I found that mine was plenty sweet enough but I don't really have a sweet tooth. I have the stevia extract from bulk nutrients mixed into a liquid so I am totally guessing with how much to put in :p All I know is that I don't like it too sweet and the aftertaste of that stuff can be pretty bloody bad if you put too much in so I was pretty conservative.

Made this one as well, bloody awesome, I put half a tin of passionfruit pulp through it, should've taken out a bit of the milk to compensate though. It puffed up in the oven but when I took it out it sank, used it as a bit of a family birthday cake, topped with some low fat jelly and a bit of passionfruit pulp again. Used half panatella ricotta, half extra low fat Philadelphia i think it was

Peanut Butter/Choc cheese cake topped with sf choc fudge greek yoghurt pudding.
11%2B-%2B1

11%2B-%2B1

278 cals 9/18/19 C/F/P (SOLID amount of PB used :D)

Ingredients
500g low fat ricotta
280g natural pb
3 tspns cocoa
1/4 cup splenda
1 egg
5 whites
125ml skim milk

Made another choc/pumpkin one. Baked for 35mins at 180c. Still a bit pudding like texture. Have to go 45mins next time I think.

11%2B-%2B1

Making one now. Couldn't find fat free cream cheese so went with the lite Coles stuff. Added 2 scoops of mango wpi. Its in the oven now. Might try it with low fat ricotta next time

New recipe I just tried below. This is the best tasting one so far!

Total macros for the cake were 1075 cals 126P/65C/33F

4 serves = 269 cals 31P/16C/8F

450g Philidelphia extra light cream cheese spreadable (couldn't find this in a block)
150g hansell lite homemade yoghurt
2 eggs
2 whites
1/2 cup granulated splenda
1 tbspn vanilla extract
50g vanilla casein
1/4 tspn table salt

1. Cooking spray meet pan. I use a 6" pan. The smaller the pan, the thicker the cake! Line the bottom with parchment and give another spray.
2. Beat cream cheese till....creamy.
3. Scrape sides of bowl down, add sugar and mix on medium until well incorporated.
4. Add eggs one at a time. Mix well but don't overbeat.
5. Scrape sides of bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well...again don't overbeat it. *If you have lumps...you didn't wait till your cream cheese was room temp*
6. Pour batter into your pan, spread it out with a spatula.
7. Bake @ 160C for 30 minutes. And then turn it down to 95C degrees and let it go for 60 minutes or until the center reaches approximately 70-75C degrees. Gently shake the pan. It should jiggle...but not be soupy in the center. If you touch the center / top gently the batter should not stick to your finger.
8. Remove when done, take a knife and gently separate the crust from the pan to prevent cracking.
9. Let cool completely on the counter, then into the fridge for at least a few hours covered in saran wrap.

Mine
2012%252B-%252B1

friend's awesome looking ones
chocolate with rasberry topping
photo-16.jpg

candied bacon cheesecake
photo-10.jpg

Straight up with raspberry sauce
photo-6.jpg

No excuses not getting you're protein in with recipes like this!!! :D

Fuarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk