• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

low bar squatting

CAPO are doing something about it. I don't know if they have RAW comps as such. But they have a RAW division and have released new RAW rules which now exclude wraps and belts.

I have been watching some clips of the World Powerlifting Championships which are being held now. You see them walk out for squats with stiff legs, I sh!t you not. They are wrapped so tight they look like robots. It was also crazy to see how many red lights were given or one red and 2 white lights because of depth issues. They BARELY hit depth.

Many of them do Sumo DL, nothing wrong with that. But it is crazy to see the ROM with the bar. Most of the 75kg lifters would be lucky to lift the bar over 30cm. I am serious, the bar travels from mid shin to just above knee. I can see why so many people don't participate in Powerlifting.

Last edited:
Sumo deads are usually done because a lifter has stronger hips compared to their back. It does not automatically mean you will lift more weight due to the reduced ROM (like those pointless squats and press') otherwise everyone would be doing it.

Well the only reason I said it was because every single lifter was doing it. All of the 75kg class lifted with the Sumo stance.

At my first comp in 2007 we had 7 lifters.

At my last comp in 2009 we had 34 lifters.

I think we will have over 50 lifters in January.

At the last State powerlifting championships in Victoria, CAPO had 12 lifters.

I feel that the diection my comps are going in is the right one, either way, everyone has plenty of fun, which is the most important part.

, everyone has plenty of fun, which is the most important part.

Its friendly fun too which is great, I didnt feel awkward being new to lifting at B@TB and 'competing' just was great experience and watching the seriously strong guys motivated me so much.

If they can do, so can I. :p

I'm glad there are PTC lifters on AusBB. I will at least know some people that will be at AD10.

Fadi i think the problem is a markos said the federation's know what is going on, but are more interested in having a record than what they do to the sport. I do agree that what is happening to powerlifting will eventually kill the sport. How ever i also belive that when that happens there is a chance that events like PTC's comps and similar events will take off. Just look at the Worlds stongest man, its still going strong because the average joe can understand whats going on, where powerlifting they hardly move the weight more than a couple of inches and how is that entertaining.

All of your post was just magnificant Toasted, thank you. I just love the WSM; just love it!

Fadi.

Mudkip is a troll and I suspect I know who it is.
If my suspicions are correct I will be deleting both of his accounts.
I'm watching.