• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Lose Fat gain Muscle at the same time with no hunger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like the metabolic diet. There are a lot of bodybuilders on other forums who swear by it. I have been eyeing this off but have been reluctant to believe low carbs followed by loading in a 5-2 day plan can be good for you, especially as the brain needs carbs to function.

The metabolic diet recommends 12 days of no more than 30 carbs a day (that's less than 1 wholegrain wrap for example) then carb load but not too much for 2 days, and then back on the less than 30g for 5 days followed by 2 days loading. At some point in the first 12 days your body will crash and then recover.

Glad it has worked for you, any side effects? I am guessing you are meeting the lack of vitamins and minerals through supplementation.

P.S. Raw eggs can make you really sick....

I dont buy cage eggs at all. Fortunatly where I live we have two free range egg producers which works because there are no foxes here.
No ill effects: the salmonella thing is a bit overblown I understand.

Now Vince did advocate either a single carb meal once every 4 or 5 days or once a week. (I read all his works from about 1960 to 1985 so there are some changes in his opinions some because of good sense and some because the pressure from modern ideas forced him to change.).
I tried one meal of brown rice and tomato and overnight I put on a kilo.
But vince advocated no milk, no carbs at all for cutting/dieting, preferring just the one or two carb meals per week. I think it is more sensible to have the carbs in the milk at workout and perhaps drop the milk on the non weight training day if trying to lose fat and include an avocado as it just seems healthier and better for the glycogen issue. However if you look back at our ancient ancestors and even at the supply of carb food in the wild today, it was and is hard to come by: fruit and nuts are seasonal. Competition from birds and other animals is intense. Wild vegetables the size of a cucumber are pretty much non existent in the wild and probably always were. Try going vegan and you cant get some of the vits and amino acids without eating meat. We are primarily meat eaters and can at a push survive on nearly all meat and some indiginous societies have adapted to do so.

No side effects at all not even light-headeness.
Our ancestors were strong: they had to be, playing tug of war with wooly mammoths whilst surviving through ice ages. They had meat and fat, uncooked brains, offal, marrow, the occasional nut or piece of fruit if they got there before the squirrels or birds. Why be scared to eat at least in some part the way hundreds of thousands of years of evolution helped us survive as a species.

PS: As I mentioned, I take a good multivitamin (Blackmores slow release with antioxidants) and vitamins C and E, to offset the minimal veg.

Did our ancestors who were playing tug of war with the wooly mammoths have Blackmores slow release multivitamins as well.

I have found chicken keeps me very satiated.

One roasted chicken, 140+ grams of protein for lunch

Love it.

Great mate, Trouble is there seem to be too many idiots on this forum so I am not visiting or posting on this forum again.

And if that moron Bazza thinks its cool to go around accusing people of advocating drugs when he has absolutely no evidence for this he may want to watch out 'cos someone one day may sue him for libel.

DT - shame you deleted your posts, and thanks Bazza for the laugh otherwise I would have missed the reply. Paleo - metabolic - anabolic diets are all worthy topics for this forum, haven't gone searching in the nutrition sections here but I reckon there may be a few threads already worth a look.

As a newbie I am keen to look at the knowledge out there, it seems we all just need to be able to have a laugh as well.

DT - shame you deleted your posts, and thanks Bazza for the laugh otherwise I would have missed the reply. Paleo - metabolic - anabolic diets are all worthy topics for this forum, haven't gone searching in the nutrition sections here but I reckon there may be a few threads already worth a look.

As a newbie I am keen to look at the knowledge out there, it seems we all just need to be able to have a laugh as well.

Actually mate if you look back on Bazza's history you can see he isnt here to make peole laugh, he is a nasty piece of work and a troll and is out to cause trouble. If you look on the other of my posts you can see he has accused me of advocating drugs. I would stay away from this forum mate, these people seem to be closed minded idiots on the whole whose understanding of nutrition is minimal. Stick with the US forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.