• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Looking at buying some Oly Shoes

The trend towards giant heels has been somewhat ridiculous of late. the ZK's are absolutely insane. The mechanics alteration becomes so much that you effectively remove ANY loading of the hips and dump it all on the quad and knee./

Shoes are meant to make a deep squat position more comfortable and allow you to stay upright. Every single person should be able to squat comfortably without a heel. Failure to do so is a fialure to look after yourself. People are becoming dangerously reliant on their heeled shoes to do far too much lifting, and I speak from hard earned experience when I say this is something you most definitely want to avoid.

I do most of my lifting barefoot but have been using Oly shoes again for purely the Oly lifts. Even front squatting and high bar squatting I keep the shoes off. If you are incapable of squatting without the shoes, then daily work must be done to fix your ankle and hip mobility.

That being said, I prefer to opt for a lower heeled shoes. Apparently the new Adidas ar 0.6" which is much more appropriate than that ZK 1.5 shit. It's like they want knees to be destroyed.

Amazon.com: adidas Men's Powerlift Trainer Cross Training Shoe: Shoes

I purely want mine to do cleans and o/head squats and will be lucky to do 20 reps a week in them. Much prefer bare feet or chux for normal squatting

I've just ordered a pair of the Adidas powerlift trainer shoes. at under $70 delivered they are a bargain ( some colours are half price in certain sizes ). I've had Adidas Adistar weightlifting shoes for 4 years that are starting to get worn on the sole.
Will post a review once I've received and done a few sessions to compare

I've just ordered a pair of the Adidas powerlift trainer shoes. at under $70 delivered they are a bargain ( some colours are half price in certain sizes ). I've had Adidas Adistar weightlifting shoes for 4 years that are starting to get worn on the sole.
Will post a review once I've received and done a few sessions to compare

I hated the Adistars, worst shoe Adidas ever made.

I hated the Adistars, worst shoe Adidas ever made.

doubled checked, and my current ones are the Ironwork 2's with the red strap.
Great shoes, I'd buy another pair if they were still available
The silver and 3 black strap Adistars were rubbish. A mate bought some and both heels were different sized

pretty hard to review or recommend the new Adidas shoes.
Ordered 20th July, "Delivery Estimate: August 25, 2011 - September 9, 2011"
doesn't even allow me to cancel on Amazon. buyer beware

I have a question. I have a problem hitting paraellel squatting low bar. I start the lift by breaking at the hips as I read this is the correct way when squatting low bar, if I break at the knees first I can hit it parallel by maybe an inch, I wear chucks at the moment and im wondering if some proper squat shoes would help? Someone told me if youre squatting lowbar you want flat soled shoes so oly squat shoes wont actually help unless youre doing highbar.

pretty hard to review or recommend the new Adidas shoes.
Ordered 20th July, "Delivery Estimate: August 25, 2011 - September 9, 2011"
doesn't even allow me to cancel on Amazon. buyer beware

Usually takes 2 days for shoes to get here from Amazon. Either you selected the cheap shipping option, which is clearly laid out, or bought something that wasn't shipping as yet. Amazon makes this stuff incredibly clear.

Usually takes 2 days for shoes to get here from Amazon. Either you selected the cheap shipping option, which is clearly laid out, or bought something that wasn't shipping as yet. Amazon makes this stuff incredibly clear.

no, and no. I've bought a lot of stuff on Amazon and the USA and 2 days is wishfull thinking. 4-7 days is standard for Perth.
Looking back on the sellers ratings there's a few bad reviews for long shipping times for this seller.
I'm not too worried as the credit card I used expired end July so pretty sure they can't charge me even though it doesn't give me the option to cancel.

The Adidas Powerlift shoes finally arrived yesterday
ignoring the incredibly slow delivery and poor service

The heel is about 3mm lower than my old Adidas Ironwork twos.
The ball of the foot is wide, but the heel is narrower
They felt loose on my foot despite being the same size, my real Adidas weightlifting shoes were tight when I first got them and have molded to my feet with wear and are now snug but not tight.
These shoes have a cheap flimsy leather in the body, the heel is a compressed foam, not hard rubber like the real weightlifting shoes, if you stick a fingernail in it compresses, and if you press hard it will compress a bit, but overall feels ok.
I only squatted up to 120kg in these as I felt the sides of the shoe where not supportive or tight enough for me

I wouldn't recommend these shoes to any Competitive olympic weightlifter or powerlifter.
if you're just training for a bit of fun, for a 1 off comp to tick powerliftng off a hobby list, or for crossfit or any other strength training without heavy weight then these shoes are probably ok, if you can get them at half price like mine were. At full price they are not good value, and even at half price for my purposes they were a waste of money.
It's a pity Adidas doesn't still make the Ironwork 2's with the red strap.

Last edited:
The Adidas Powerlift shoes finally arrived yesterday
ignoring the incredibly slow delivery and poor service

The heel is about 3mm lower than my old Adidas Ironwork twos.
The ball of the foot is wide, but the heel is narrower
They felt loose on my foot despite being the same size, my real Adidas weightlifting shoes were tight when I first got them and have molded to my feet with wear and are now snug but not tight.
These shoes have a cheap flimsy leather in the body, the heel is a compressed foam, not hard rubber like the real weightlifting shoes, if you stick a fingernail in it compresses, and if you press hard it will compress a bit, but overall feels ok.
I only squatted up to 120kg in these as I felt the sides of the shoe where not supportive or tight enough for me

I wouldn't recommend these shoes to any Competitive olympic weightlifter or powerlifter.
if you're just training for a bit of fun, for a 1 off comp to tick powerliftng off a hobby list, or for crossfit or any other strength training without heavy weight then these shoes are probably ok, if you can get them at half price like mine were. At full price they are not good value, and even at half price for my purposes they were a waste of money.
It's a pity Adidas doesn't still make the Ironwork 2's with the red strap.

Are you talking about the PowerPerfect II's?

hey mate how did you go with sizing?

The sizing was the same as my normal shoes so, I was lucky but a mate of mine had to order a size up.
The shows are narrow so they suit narrower feet perfectly, if you have wider feet I'd look at other shoes.

The sizing was the same as my normal shoes so, I was lucky but a mate of mine had to order a size up.
The shows are narrow so they suit narrower feet perfectly, if you have wider feet I'd look at other shoes.

yer i have narrow feet. i wear a size 12 in all my shoes with orthotics. did you buy yours from dynamic? his postage is quiet expensive