• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Looking at buying some Oly Shoes

I have the previous model of Do-Wins (I think it's the same as the current one, except the heel is wooden). Had them for about a year, and can't recommend them enough. Durable, comfortable, supportive, perfect fit for my narrowish feet. I've squatted olympic style since I got them.

I have the cheaper version of the Addidas in the mail - it's a bday present, I would have just stuck with the Do-wins otherwise. Will post my thoughts on how they compare to the Do-wins.

Ok, got the Addidas now. Impressions vs Do wins:

- The fit is fantastic, perfect for my feet (on the narrow/'dainty' side). Supportive and snug yet comfortable. Out of the box definitely more comfy than the do-wins, which were fucking uncomfortable/harsh on my feet at first and took some time to break-in. They are relatively small, size 9.5 US is only slightly larger than the Do-wins in 8 US.

- The heel is is a bit smaller than the do wins. It feels like it would compress slightly - not an issue for me but could be for the big boys with serious poundages?

- Material-wise they feel a bit cheap, with use of softer leathers and fabrics. Makes them very comfy bit perhaps not durable, time will tell.

- They look FANTASTIC in my opinion, much better than the dorky-looking Do-wins. Probably the main selling point, if you value that.

Overall, I'm bloody happy with the Addidas as a bday present. If it was my $$$ though, I don't see why you would pick them over the Do-wins, except on appearance. With international shipping they are more exxy and clearly inferior quality-wise as a serious lifting shoe.

Last edited:
i have to squat barefoot, if i squat in my trainers i find i roll to far forward onto the balls of my feet.
would having a raised heel like an oly shoe cause this too?

i have to squat barefoot, if i squat in my trainers i find i roll to far forward onto the balls of my feet.
would having a raised heel like an oly shoe cause this too?

Trainers are shit to squat in, because the soles are usually compressible, and don't so do evenly under load, either. I used to prefer barefoot over trainers.

Without knowing the cause(s) of your issue I dont think anyone can speculate too much, but yes IMO oly shoes are always a good investment if you squat, especially if you squat olympic style.

A stable flat raised heel that puts you in a better position in the hole can do wonders for developing good technique and a strong squat,