• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[LOL] Powerlifting workouts should only be 60-90mins long says a retard...

Bench Polkov

SIR BENCHALOT
This is the dumbest shit I have have heard in a while, shortly followed by his accompanying vid on how to make quads smaller...

He didn't say that it SHOULD last 60 to 90mins
As I understand it all he was saying is that powerlifting workouts will take longer, which is true

Can't see anything wrong with what he says, really seems reasonable to me.

How long do you want to train for?? Really if you have a full time job and family commitments you would want to get it done in 90 minutes a day.

To be honest if that is the dumbest shit you have ever heard you have not really heard much, don't think it's really that dumb at all.

It's pretty obvious isn't it? PL's can't get enough volume done in 90 mins. Also don't assume everyone works 16 hrs a day and has 4 kids.

Can't see anything wrong with what he says, really seems reasonable to me.

How long do you want to train for?? Really if you have a full time job and family commitments you would want to get it done in 90 minutes a day.

To be honest if that is the dumbest shit you have ever heard you have not really heard much, don't think it's really that dumb at all.

Man people have been doing this shit recently and it's really starting to piss me off. The analogy I use is looking at a finger when it is pointing at something.
The issue Polke brought up wasn't that you CAN'T get a good workout done in 60-90 minutes it was that a workout NEEDS to be done in 60-90 minutes isn't true in the slightest.

Seriously, how hard is it to understand and comprehend basic fucking shit like this?

Man people have been doing this shit recently and it's really starting to piss me off. The analogy I use is looking at a finger when it is pointing at something.
The issue Polke brought up wasn't that you CAN'T get a good workout done in 60-90 minutes it was that a workout NEEDS to be done in 60-90 minutes isn't true in the slightest.

Seriously, how hard is it to understand and comprehend basic fucking shit like this?

post something righteous

The problem is not looking at the finger the problem is missing the point all together, he does not say it SHOULD or NEEDS to go for that long he just suggests that it might and depending on the program it will be going for longer than a body building workout due to the rest periods.

It's pretty obvious isn't it? PL's can't get enough volume done in 90 mins. Also don't assume everyone works 16 hrs a day and has 4 kids.

I dont have four kids or work 16 hours a day, but most people should work 8 hrs a day, then there is travel time, sleep, daily chores, personal hygiene, eating, food prep etc.

Add to that 90 minutes of training does not leave much time, unless that is what you do. Personally I could not imagine training for more than 40 minutes a day, however I must concede I am not a power lifter, don't do this professionally, and I do have a life outside the gym and training.

If you are a competitive lifter I guess you will probably have a greater commitment, than some guy who just trains for fun and general well being.

Really that long??? Does not leave much time for other stuff after work sleep etc.

I have plenty of time mick. I dont train every day. ;) gym is on the way home. I dont work a single second over 7.5 hours. I get 8 hours sleep every day too.

Tim.

I have plenty of time mick. I dont train every day. ;) gym is on the way home. I dont work a single second over 7.5 hours. I get 8 hours sleep every day too.

Tim.

Nice short work hours help I guess, my normal day is 9.5 hrs, with 30 minutes lunch so I am at work for 10hrs, then there is kids, dogs, and life, sometimes I push fitting in 30 minutes in the gym and that is training at home, if I had to travel gym time would be very limited, but like I said I am in no way a power lifter or body builder or anything else, I consider myself just a guy who lifts some weights to keep healthy.

So a big difference in relation to commitment I guess.

Then again considering your lifts are not that much better than mine I guess it is diminishing returns training for that long, keeping in mind that I only train 20-40 minutes four times a week in my back yard with 30 year old cast weight plates and a $50 Chinese made standard bar (no Olympic bars and bumper plates with ball bearing etc), and I am nearly 50 yeas old...

Last edited: