• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Loaded Carries

Camo1902

Affable Kunce
I have recently fallen in love with loaded carries. Doing farmer walks, waiter walks cross walks and suitcase walks.

Just intrigued to know how others approach these. Do you do them for distance or time, and how far/long?

I have been doing them 3 sets for time, with short rest periods (generally 40/20). Any tips?

I have recently fallen in love with loaded carries. Doing farmer walks, waiter walks cross walks and suitcase walks.

Just intrigued to know how others approach these. Do you do them for distance or time, and how far/long?

I have been doing them 3 sets for time, with short rest periods (generally 40/20). Any tips?

Interdasting... Gonnn try this...

When I do them, I do them for distance. I'm enjoying building up my grip with farmer's walks; not yet sure how I'm feeling about suitcase walks for core work.

For something to do I made up a couple of sandbags and carried them for distance and it was bloody brutal. Couldn't get very far with them and have been sore for two days now. Enjoy this sort of lifting and am looking at getting some farmers walk handles.

Been doing farmers walk with my trap bar. Think its a great exercise. Never used farmers walk handles so can anyone tell me a decent reason why it would be worth getting some farmer walk handles over continuing to use the trap bar?

Been doing farmers walk with my trap bar. Think its a great exercise. Never used farmers walk handles so can anyone tell me a decent reason why it would be worth getting some farmer walk handles over continuing to use the trap bar?

1. If you are restricted for movement inside the trap bar, then handles are an option.

2. Sometimes, balance can be an issue, what I mean is- if you place your hands too far forward or too far rearward it can make it a challenge to keep the bar level, particularly when you are fatigued.

To fix this I've noted the best position for me and then wrapped some PVC tape (a couple of MM's thick) around both handles as a guide.

Other than that, single handles are good for doing suitcase carries.

All the best, farmer's are a fantastic exercise and a really superb finisher.

1. If you are restricted for movement inside the trap bar, then handles are an option.

2. Sometimes, balance can be an issue, what I mean is- if you place your hands too far forward or too far rearward it can make it a challenge to keep the bar level, particularly when you are fatigued.

To fix this I've noted the best position for me and then wrapped some PVC tape (a couple of MM's thick) around both handles as a guide.

Other than that, single handles are good for doing suitcase carries.

All the best, farmer's are a fantastic exercise and a really superb finisher.

1. Movement isn't 100% free but not really restricting. Would only be an issue at very light weights where you can almost run with it.

As far as I can see the only negative is if I lose my grip unexpectedly or slip over and then getting tangled up in the trap bar and potentially breaking something but ill just make sure I don't do that. Hopefully.

1. Movement isn't 100% free but not really restricting. Would only be an issue at very light weights where you can almost run with it.

As far as I can see the only negative is if I lose my grip unexpectedly or slip over and then getting tangled up in the trap bar and potentially breaking something but ill just make sure I don't do that. Hopefully.

I was thinking the same thing,, but didn't write it, but the handle, "tradititonal handles" the same thing could also happen.

Reason why you don't see thes implements in mainstream gyms.

Suck it and see, if it becomes an issue, make some yourself down the track.