• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Liquid chalk

i only need it for deadlifts. the knurlings cactus on the bar

Works well for them for me, my hands slip with 120kg without it and are fine with 120kg with the liquid chalk at the gym (I use straps for heavier, my tiny hands have crappy grip strength)

Yeah chalk gets messy in the gym, but if you're training from home use it.

Otherwise I use straps, or these new strap like gear I am bringing in called versa grips which I tried the other day. Shit, usually I can shrug 50kg DBs for 10 reps, can get 17 with these grips. They're actually pretty good, I was very skeptical at first!

Get powder chalk and just do it sneakily. I can hold about 1.5 times as much chalked up. But I'm a dirty dirty palm sweater.

Just use straps.

Yeah chalk gets messy in the gym, but if you're training from home use it.

Otherwise I use straps, or these new strap like gear I am bringing in called versa grips which I tried the other day. Shit, usually I can shrug 50kg DBs for 10 reps, can get 17 with these grips. They're actually pretty good, I was very skeptical at first!

ive always been pretty anti-strap as i like to rely on grip strength, just thought the liquid chalk might be fairly discrete. i do have the option of deadlifting at home with chalk and then cruising 2 mins up the road to finish my workout at the gym and that works ok.

ive used it on deadlifts.. it was ok i reckon i could tell a difference between normal chalk and liquid chalk, it also made my hands really really dirty and smells pretty bad even after you rub it off.

Ill probably switch to normal chalk next time though

ive used it on deadlifts.. it was ok i reckon i could tell a difference between normal chalk and liquid chalk, it also made my hands really really dirty and smells pretty bad even after you rub it off.

Ill probably switch to normal chalk next time though

soap and water does a pretty good job of washing it off in my opinion, i use 'dry hands' from Kettlebells - Iron Edge Fitness Equipment - Train Smarter when at the gym (I could take chalk, but i've never seen anyone there use it)

Didn't really notice any issues other than getting chalk on everything (as per normal chalk).

I would say normal chalk is better, although i've only used for for kettlebells at home so far.