• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Lifting less after a few days rest?

That does make some sense I guess..

Though I have been training for 4-5months, I went from body squatting to 75kg in that time...

Is that normal?^

Cheers for the response

Imo that's rather slow progress, but whatever gets you there.

You should be able to add 2.5kg to the bar every time you squat and deadlift, and maybe every week for the bench, overhead and bent row.

Imo that's rather slow progress, but whatever gets you there.

You should be able to add 2.5kg to the bar every time you squat and deadlift, and maybe every week for the bench, overhead and bent row.

Yee I find it easier to add more weight on my benchpress than on my squat...

I have recently started lifting heavy again due to my back problem...

I have never worked out legs before though, and maybe I am not genetically gifted in that area lol???

I think I am adding 2.5kg on my squat every 2nd session...

My shoulders are lacking aswell...

At the end of the day I am just going to have to eat up and lift as thats the only way forward...

Not really a gigolo (I would love to be one, though don't think I was born with the natrual hardware), though the girls I talk to take about 2-4days before there in the back of my car loll

There called gangas ;)

And chill I do have standards. So don't go thinking I do fat chicks.

Fat chicks need luv'n too. Thats what we need people like you for.. :p To thin the herd out, so to speak (just kidd'n. I'm married so I don't care.)

I'm sorry to not contribute anything of value to this thread because I only ever have at least 2 full days rest between workouts and find little or no difference whether its 2,3 or more days up to about 7 or 8.

Last edited:
maybe its time to change your routine.. I change mine every 12 weeks.. also you may be over training you squat 3x a week what kind of volume you doing?? maybe its time work on lower reps? dunno.. I feel weaker when i've had a few days break too but i still push the same weights or improve on the last workout providing ive had enough rest and ate enough good stuff. I think it could be just a mind thing?

Do you work a 9-5 monday to friday sort of job?

Like most people, you probably take it easy on the weekends. Maybe try some bodyweight exercises on saturday or sunday, or even just some strectching, which will still be beneficial to your lifting.

Do you work a 9-5 monday to friday sort of job?

Like most people, you probably take it easy on the weekends. Maybe try some bodyweight exercises on saturday or sunday, or even just some strectching, which will still be beneficial to your lifting.

I just go to college twice a week...

I am no where near stressed so I doubt it is stress related...

I am just going for bush walks on the weekends someweeks...

I'll see how I go this week

Go train with noobs maybe you need some added motivation or insults either one I am sure he can provide (most likely insults).

Go train with noobs maybe you need some added motivation or insults either one I am sure he can provide (most likely insults).

I trained with him on Friday with his new bumper plates (which has now gotten me wanting bumper plates and a squat rack in my garage)...

I did a couple of 1RM's as I thought id'e make the most out of having a spotter...

What I have noticed is with my legs;

noobs - 178cm (requires the safety bars higher)
me - 181cm (require the safety bars LOWER than what a shorter person by 3 cm needs them by)

I think I have a longer range of motion than what noobs does which is why possibly my squats are weak?

Not a big deal, longer legs equals more range of motion, longer torso needs more trunk stability.

Not a big deal, longer legs equals more range of motion, longer torso needs more trunk stability.

Though would that mean which ever you may be it may be harder to build muscle or you are weaker due to having to push the weight over a longer range of motion?

Cheers

Yeah but that would not be a huge diff between you too.

Now me I am 191cm if I had long legs and you compared me to noobs then it would be a little bit of a difference. Subsequently I have short legs and a long torso so it that is not an issue, though my trunk failed before my legs for a long time when I began squatting. Probably would now too as I have not been able to squat for 2 months and probably have 2 more months to wait.