• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Lifting 5 months, need routine advice. Thanks

^^^^ This sums it up.

Everyone is different, so do the one you like:)

Alright thanks!

Would it be good to try to get up weights as quick as possible on a fullbody 2/3/4 plate B,S,D. And once hit that swap to higher volume training?

Atm this is pretty much what my current routine i wrote up looks like give or take. Its pretty fun, but dont know if its imblanced or not.

I do it Push/pull/rest/legs/push/pull/rest/repeat

Pull:
Pull Ups– 3x8-10
Deadlift: 3x5
Cable Rows 3x8-10
BB/DB Curls 3x10-12
Hammer Curls – 3x10-12

Face pulls 3x10-12

Push:
Bench press: 3x5
Shoulder Overhead DB Press 3x6-8
DB incline bench 3x6-8
DB side lateral raise 3x10-12
Overhead Extension BB (ezbar?): 3x10-12 ( OR dips) (Close grip bench)
V-Bar Pushdown 3x10-12

Legs:
Squat: 3-4x5
Legpress 3x12-15
Leg extensions 3x10-12
Hamstring curls 3x10-12
Calves 4x10-12
Abs – Weighted Situps 3x8-12/Leg Raise

Look at da rocks workout, no deads, no squats and he's a monster.
The Rock, Dwayne Johnson’s Workout Routine And Diet | Muscle and Brawn

I pesonally think a lot of these full body routines we are so fond of here, could use a bit more vol for biceps, triceps, calfs and traps.

They forgot to mention what his drug regime looks like.....plus who has time to eat seven meals a day, I barley fit three into my day:p

But then again comes back to this:

There are alot better workouts out there, but the best one will always be the one you can do consistantly.

They forgot to mention what his drug regime looks like.....plus who has time to eat seven meals a day, I barley fit three into my day:p

But then again comes back to this:

Yep, the young lad here asking about routines will have more time on his hands to do split routines whereas myself has limited time when I get home with family and kid duties.

I found doing a split routine was eating into either my sleep time or quality time with my son in the afternoon. SS seems to give me a good balance whilst trying to cut and I don't feel I'm missing out on anything.

Yep, the young lad here asking about routines will have more time on his hands to do split routines whereas myself has limited time when I get home with family and kid duties.

I found doing a split routine was eating into either my sleep time or quality time with my son in the afternoon. SS seems to give me a good balance whilst trying to cut and I don't feel I'm missing out on anything.

Agreed, I have two kids that want to do stuff with me on week ends, like go fishing, hunting, camping or playing games. This is why I really like my current 5/3/1 routine, gives me week ends off, and training sessions are generally about 1 hrs 4 times a week. Plus I fit in some cardio when I can and/or feel like it. Suits my schedule and goals and lifestyle perfectly.

Also recovery ability plays a big part in volume and training frequency, my recovery ability is not great and full body three times a week as killing me once the weights got heavier.

What is great for me might be no good for someone else though.

Last edited:
Well done. Yep it's all individual preference.

My 3 year old joins me when I workout. I have a TV and what not so put on the toons for him and in between sets I spot him on the pullup bar. He loves it lol.

Sorry to derail the thread Tekno.

Last edited:
Its alright guys. I am just a uni student living at home. I have a part time job and Girlfriend. But generally have alot of time.

So i can do higher volume splits, or anything really.

I always put 100% effort into anything I want to achieve. i.e. played state championships in tennis, etc.

So yeah, I just want a really efficient routine, no matter how many days that will help me achieve my goals the fastest.

- Having said that, I am staying natural. My natural testosterone is high enough, no need for it.

Many might disagree here, but you can try this, still has the power lifts with vol for max gains.
Once you get used to it you can up to 4 sets on all.
Should put some hair on your chest.
Enjoy

Day 1 Legs and Calfs

Squats 4 Sets
Leg Press 4 Sets
Extensions 3 Sets
Hami Curls 3 Sets

Standing Calf Press 4 Sets
Sitting Calf Press 4 Sets

Day 2 Chest and Biceps

Flat Bech 4 Sets
Incline Bench 4 Sets
DB Flys 3 Sets
Cable X Overs 1 Set

EZ Bar Curls 3 Sets
BB Curls 3 Sets
DB Alt Curls 3 Sets

Day 3 Back, Triceps and Calfs

Dead Lifts 4 Sets
T Bar Rows 3 Sets
Lat Pull Downs 3 Sets

Seated Push 4 Sets
V Bar Pull 3 Sets
Overhead Rope 3 Sets

Day 4 Shoulders and Biceps

Seated DB Press 4 Sets
Staning BB Press 3 Sets
Rear Delt Flys 4 Sets
Shrugs 4 Sets

DB Alt Curls 3 Sets
EZ Bar Curls 3 Sets
BB Curls 3 Sets

Day 5 Legs and Calfs

Squats 4 Sets
Leg Press 4 Sets
Extensions 3 Sets
Hami Curls 3 Sets

Last edited:
My comments on that Grunta are:
- swap weighted pulllups for pulldowns
- RDLs for hammies
- the volume on biceps compared to triceps (should be the reverse of what it is)
- flat bench before incline
- no dips for chest

The method to the madness is:

swap weighted pulllups for pulldowns - not sure what you mean
- RDLs for hammies - Yeah, they work well
- the volume on biceps compared to triceps (should be the reverse of what it is) - found bicep a shit to grow and needs its own 2 days/week, tris are trained on day b/w chest and shoulders on their day
- flat bench before incline - it is
- no dips for chest - seated tric press allow more weight than own body weight

Both of those lose pretty good.

But the second one has power cleans, and I have no one to teach me. So CBF screwing up my back.

lol

The method to the madness is:

swap weighted pulllups for pulldowns - not sure what you mean Don't bother with lat pulldowns, do weighted pullups instead
- RDLs for hammies - Yeah, they work well
- the volume on biceps compared to triceps (should be the reverse of what it is) - found bicep a shit to grow and needs its own 2 days/week, tris are trained on day b/w chest and shoulders on their day Maybe I need to do the same
- flat bench before incline - it is I meant incline first, then flat
- no dips for chest - seated tric press allow more weight than own body weight
I meant that I like dips as a chest exercise

See above

The idea is:
After deads and heavy rows something that will pump the back full of blood, like the lat machine.
Flat before incline is only that more weight can be move on flat so do it while fresh.
Dips tend share the load b/w tric and chest and a little shoulders.
2 benches and flys will hit the chest hard.
Any way, that is the theory

Mate, have a look at some of the big powerlifters and other fucking huge monsters, doing "power cleans". Or shit, almost every strongman, all the time. If you have to muscle the bar up a bit, or even totally, it doesn't really matter.

There's no reason to be scared of power cleans, despite the fear campaign that never ends online. You rip the bar off the ground, and it ends up on your front delts. Done.

But the other routine looks more kickass anyway. High volume, every lift you will ever need (for a while). Plenty of dips and chinups, which will build your upper body like crazy.

Wish I'd started with that one! :mad: