• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Lets go shopping boyz/girlz

jtbsupplements

hello everybody,
I would like to add my shopping list, and it would be good to see if we can get a thread going here on certain shopping list so other people could maybe get the idea of what a nice clean food list looks like, lets add where we shop and the cheapest place to get it....

my list {is separate to my wife because she is a vego} :D

• eggs
  • bacon
  • bread or wraps
  • breast chicken
  • fish {grilled}
  • tuna cans
  • pasta
  • mince
  • steak
  • bags of dark green veggies
  • mixed fruit apple, bannana's, kiwi fruit, pears, berries
  • tomatoes, onions, & cabbage
  • 1.5ltr x6 bottle water
  • rice
  • potato 1xbag
  • veggie stock
my main foods that I could eat all day everyday is grilled/boiled breast chicken & rice an steak and potato
places I shop, I try to keep everything fresh and cheap,
  1. coles -if specials are on
  2. joes meats mt Druitt - they hve great specials on meat
  3. Aldi's- if im in a rush or tight on cash that week
  4. parklea markets- I try to leave this for my sport drinks/water & the fruit n vegg now that there open Fridays wwoo...
  5. kmart- 1.5ltre x 6 bottles
feel free to add your say if I should drop something and pickup something else.... remember workout a budget don't leave yourself broke, because we still need the tubs of protein and the amino's ;)

I go to Parklea for Raw nuts. $12kg is a hell cheaper than $18 for 750g at coles.
I got a local meat wholesaler but you need 2 tuckerbox freezers to fit everything in.
Have my own chooks and most veges

Eggs - homemade

Meats - own property so we do our own (dads a butcher)

Fruit veg - farmers market whatever I can get in season. Keep an eye out for roadside stalls too

Usually Coles once a month for other items

You buy water?????.

HaHa thought the exact same thing.

jtbsupplements you do know water comes out of the tap and costs nothing, even if you get a water filter and pay $100 for the cartridge replacement it pays for itself in the first month or two, especially if you have kids and a wife, between the four of us we go through about 5-8 litres a day just for drinking may be more in summer.

Quit buying water, it's the greatest con/marketing achievement man ever invented, take whats free, put it in a fancy bottle and sell it for $3-4 per bottle and people will buy it for some unknown reason.:confused:

HaHa thought the exact same thing.

jtbsupplements you do know water comes out of the tap and costs nothing, even if you get a water filter and pay $100 for the cartridge replacement it pays for itself in the first month or two, especially if you have kids and a wife, between the four of us we go through about 5-8 litres a day just for drinking may be more in summer.

Quit buying water, it's the greatest con/marketing achievement man ever invented, take whats free, put it in a fancy bottle and sell it for $3-4 per bottle and people will buy it for some unknown reason.:confused:

Yup. My thoughts exactly. I drink 3l per day myself. Fuck paying for that.
I dont even bother with a filter. In most places here its not needed at all(benefits of living in oz).

Oh and clean eating. Wot.

Tim.

water always cracks me up , people will happily pay $3-$4 for 500mls of water , but will complain about the price of petrol

living in the sticks has its advantages when it comes to shopping , i do alot of shopping at the farmers gates fruit/veges direct from the tree/ground

Better put a reusable bottle on that shopping list then.

I like the aluminium ones best. Camel back make some good plastic ones too.

And a couple of water jugs to keep in the fridge, we have two of those, plus the kids have two re useable water bottles each, that they take to school or when ever we go out somewhere, missus has her own and so do I, no one touches anyone else water, and each person is responsible for their own water bottles etc.

So if you don't fill them up you go thirsty or you drink warm water from the tap:p

Worked it out once (cost of bottled water) for a work mate who was always short of cash.

He bought 2-3 bottles of water a day, and his missus did the same, and I worked it out on a conservative $3.50 per bottle.

So that is between the two of them $21 per day or $147 per week, or $588 per month, which works out to be about $7000 per year before they bough anything else....thats a nice holiday with the family, a good second hand car or motor bike, or your car rego, insurance, and xmas presents all payed for with change left over......adds up real fast.

Last edited:
Mick its good to look at things like aye. Makes saving money easy really (dont need to spend that on that etc). Every dollar counts on the road to financial "freedom".

Tim.

I buy the nce 2.2l bittles from bodybuilding.com. u can get it locally but its $20 per bottle. On bb.com its $7 plus shipping so cheaper even if u byy two bottles.

I buy grrek.yoghurt and avocados to add tovthe list!

And a couple of water jugs to keep in the fridge, we have two of those, plus the kids have two re useable water bottles each, that they take to school or when ever we go out somewhere, missus has her own and so do I, no one touches anyone else water, and each person is responsible for their own water bottles etc.

So if you don't fill them up you go thirsty or you drink warm water from the tap:p

Worked it out once (cost of bottled water) for a work mate who was always short of cash.

He bought 2-3 bottles of water a day, and his missus did the same, and I worked it out on a conservative $3.50 per bottle.

So that is between the two of them $21 per day or $147 per week, or $588 per month, which works out to be about $7000 per year before they bough anything else....thats a nice holiday with the family, a good second hand car or motor bike, or your car rego, insurance, and xmas presents all payed for with change left over......adds up real fast.

Spot on! Two things id never pay for. Water and sex, Because if you look hard enough you can always find both for free.