• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Leg Press

Pan_copulating_with_goat_1.JPG

Yea I reckon Leg Press is one of the best leg exercises - set/rep range anywhere from 5x5, 3 x 3, 2 x 6, 5 x 20 - really depends on the day.

Hack squat but similar. I work up to a heavy set of 5 and then do some back off sets. 12-20 reps depending on how sadistic I feel that day.

yes, why not? If intensity is there, it will work regardless of no. of reps (within reason say 60% and above of max).

Last edited:
yes, why not? If intensity is there, it will work regardless of no. of reps (within reason say 60% and above of max).

Did 36 reps and took a while to get off the floor after. Just trying to work out my plan of attack with leg press at the moment.

I get about 35 reps on 60% of max, so that weight may be good to do sets of 20 on. I would have short rests on such a weight (1m), but you will adjust accordingly to your own recovery needs.

I would normally do 4 sets of 10 on 60% with about 1 minute rest. That would be a solid session for me, but not gut busting. For others, that may be too light. Every 2 weeks though, I do a flat out set on leg press, either at about 10-20 reps which is about (60-70% of my max).

I always work out my training weights for all exercises based on my most recent flat out set. I get about 4 reps on 90%, 10 reps on 80%, and 20 reps on 70%. I test for may max on reps 6-20 depending on how i feel or exercise I use.

To make it easier to work out rather than try my mumbo jumbo, do an occasional flat out set for 20 reps, and then train on weight about 10-15% less for sets. You can adjust accordingly in terms of your own preferred intensity and/or recovery.

My Life Fitness leg press machine weighs 47kg, so I add that to weights to calculate.

Last edited:
I used to really like the leg press when I trained at FF, but my new gym just has 2 really crappy pin loaded leg presses that are just useless so haven't done them for a while, some of my favourite workouts were on the leg press doing high rep (20 - 30) sets after pre fatiguing doing leg extensions on high reps as well