• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Lee priest in australian newspaper saying roid rage is a myth and alcohol is worse

Again, what do the effects of roids have to do with alcohol.

Because the article was written in response to NSW giving 25 year penalties to roid pocession in response to King Hits around Sydney's night clubs. It should be noted that alcohol is a more likely cause, but the main thing is that fuckwits will always be fuckwits regardless of if/what/why they take anything.

In a court of law could Steroids be used as a defence tool for the person who has performed the "1 Hit Punch"? I.e he was taking steroids he did not know the full effect they had etc etc etc?

I know that is total bullshit but I know they use "mental health issues" etc as a defence for people.

Alcohol and recreational drugs are the biggest factor when it comes to fighting, stupid behaviour etc - doesnt take studies, reasearch etc etc to see this - just go spend acouple nights out in the city...

Alcohol and recreational drugs are the biggest factor when it comes to fighting, stupid behaviour etc - doesnt take studies, reasearch etc etc to see this - just go spend acouple nights out in the city...

I think a general lack of respect for others is the biggest factor, drugs just amplify it.

I think a general lack of respect for others is the biggest factor, drugs just amplify it.

I agree mate - ego driven people with no respect - mix in alcohol and recreational drugs and you have a shit storm.

Steroids may play a factor - not saying they don't - but would be a very small % next to alcohol and rec drugs.

In a court of law could Steroids be used as a defence tool for the person who has performed the "1 Hit Punch"? I.e he was taking steroids he did not know the full effect they had etc etc etc?

I know that is total bullshit but I know they use "mental health issues" etc as a defence for people.

How could you seriously use the excuse I was taking an illegal drug as your defense.

If you drink drive and kill someone being drink is no defense.

Because the article was written in response to NSW giving 25 year penalties to roid pocession in response to King Hits around Sydney's night clubs. It should be noted that alcohol is a more likely cause, but the main thing is that fuckwits will always be fuckwits regardless of if/what/why they take anything.

Read every thread about safety of roids. The main argument the comes up is alcohol is also dangerous when you have too much. Well no shit but alcohol and steroids are two totally different drugs with nothing to do with each other.

Drinking 3 liters of vodka will kill you therefore doing the odd bit of heroin is fine.

How could you seriously use the excuse I was taking an illegal drug as your defense.

If you drink drive and kill someone being drink is no defense.

I was simply asking mate - due to mental health issues, medication etc being used as a defence/excuse in some cases - wasn't sure if it could be brought up by the lawyer as an excuse asto why he may act the way he did....

I hate to break the news to everyone, but taking steroids and such as part of a recreational and cosmetic activity is illegal.

On the rage thing, I had surgery a couple of days ago, the anaesthetist looked me up and down and asked if I took steroids, they like to know because, supposedly, roiders coming out of a general anaesthetic sometimes fly into a rage..

I told him they'd better call for backup.

Just kidding, I don't take gear.

Stupid people make me rage more than roids ever could, they need minimum sentencing for that.

Most were agressive people long before anabolics. I know quite a few on the sauce with no change in behaviour. It does make you feel invincible though. Pro bodybuilders would be running around belting each other at shows. "ROID RAGE" is jsut bullshit made up by the media for the genereal conservative public. Jsut like there calling Motrotcycle clubs "GANGS" now, the medias a fucking joke.

I think most are just angry, cos most of the guys on all sorts of anabolics still look like shit :)

Dude you clearly have little expeience with heavy androgens if you think they dont make you more aggresive and pissed off. Btw look at the number of pro bodybuilders convixted of murder, theres a fair few!

Co-researcher Professor Peter Miller said users were often stronger and therefore could do more damage.
“Even if someone on steroids isn’t raging, when they punch someone they do so much more damage,” he said.
What muscles do you use for punching anyway?
[MENTION=16903]Genics[/MENTION]; [MENTION=10061]Brick[/MENTION]; (forum punchers)

Depends if you know how to or not! All tricep/chest for a haymaker. Proper punch really comes from the core and through the feet. Using your feet to drive you off the floor and into your core rotating the hips.. Tricep and chest is last component

Last edited:
I do agree with the statement about the damge done. Take scotland, been punching fuck out of each other for generations. Thing is people at the bottom o society, what we call "neds" are scrawny litle ****s, coukd smash 3 at a time the door. Fights only resukt in serious injury as they use weapons. I got knocked out once in 10yrs, and been punched plenty.

Now take aus, your "bogans" are ussualy pretty big units regardless of tje gear,
just how u breed them i guess. So they do alot more damage