• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Lat burn

It's not easy building this muscle, it's a large inefficient one.

If you have difficulty engaging this muscle and your arms tire long before make any inroad, you could try this;

Bent-arm pullovers using an E-Z curl bar on a flat bench first.

Pre-exhaust those puppies before doing the so-called traditional exercises.

Your lats will feel like you've been dropped into the Kilueha volcano.

In the olden days, heavy bent-arm pullovers coupled with close-grip chin-ups caused trainee's upper bodies to blow up like a balloon. Granted, it was very difficult, but lats grow well when stimulated properly.

The more enlightened trainee would then feature up on dead hang power cleans to tie it all together.

The trick to this is not to allow the muscles worked to recover by very quickly moving from that exercise to the other, the pullover engages the lat's with minimal work of the arms.

I would occasionally use the hammer strength or nautilus pullover with about 40kg and do as many as i could, I don't count i just do as many as I can until fatigue, then without any rest run to the hammer high-pull only because it was the closest piece of equipment there and with 40 kg do the same, just focusing on the movement.

Add this to your workout now and again.