• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Lance Armstrong's Teammate Tells All - 'The Secret Race'

speculation and judging without the facts doesn't really lead anywhere though, does it?

not trying to be natty here, it's just that we don't know and it will be some time before any docs or facts come to light in the public arena.

There will undoubtedly be some legal stuff and it could drag on for years.

I think we need to be careful about branding everyone a drug cheat though. Cynicism isn't a constructive way to view a sport ... and doesn't help to build a better framework for that sport going forward.

In all of this media wrangle, it has been overlooked that one of the greats from cycling's generations past, passed away recently. Fiorenzo Magni, aged 91.

He was one of Italy's top 3 greats in the golden era of Euro cycling ... when they didn't have all the equipment etc they do now. He won the Giro 3 times and was always a bit overshadowed by the likes of Coppi and Bartoli.

RIP Fiorenzo ... I wonder what you would have thought of all this :eek:

Fiorenzo Magni Dies At The Age Of 91 | Cyclingnews.com

speculation and judging without the facts doesn't really lead anywhere though, does it?

not trying to be natty here, it's just that we don't know and it will be some time before any docs or facts come to light in the public arena.

There will undoubtedly be some legal stuff and it could drag on for years.

I think we need to be careful about branding everyone a drug cheat though. Cynicism isn't a constructive way to view a sport ... and doesn't help to build a better framework for that sport going forward.

In all of this media wrangle, it has been overlooked that one of the greats from cycling's generations past, passed away recently. Fiorenzo Magni, aged 91.

He was one of Italy's top 3 greats in the golden era of Euro cycling ... when they didn't have all the equipment etc they do now. He won the Giro 3 times and was always a bit overshadowed by the likes of Coppi and Bartoli.

RIP Fiorenzo ... I wonder what you would have thought of all this :eek:

Fiorenzo Magni Dies At The Age Of 91 | Cyclingnews.com

There therein lies the problem... there are no facts... just the word of convicted drug cheats... who were offered reduced sentences if they testified against armstrong..

No failed Drug tests despite numerous tests at the time and I believe they have also tested his blood based on newer testing

Last edited:
There therein lies the problem... there are no facts... just the word of convicted drug cheats...

No failed Drug tests despite numerous tests at the time and I believe they have also tested his blood based on newer testing

testimony of other riders forms part of the evidence, not all of it.

i don't want him to be guilty any more than anyone else but my point is that we don't know what the evidence is comprised of and it will be some time before we do...if ever?

plus we don't know for sure that he passed all his drug tests in the past either. this has been part of the investigation .. whether there was complicit false test results in the past.

i mean, who the hell knows?

As a long time fan of road and track cycling, I just wish we could put it all in the past and move on to look at what the future of cycling holds.

testimony of other riders forms part of the evidence, not all of it.

i don't want him to be guilty any more than anyone else but my point is that we don't know what the evidence is comprised of and it will be some time before we do...if ever?

plus we don't know for sure that he passed all his drug tests in the past either. this has been part of the investigation .. whether there was complicit false test results in the past.

i mean, who the hell knows?

As a long time fan of road and track cycling, I just wish we could put it all in the past and move on to look at what the future of cycling holds.

He most definately is guilty... but i'd like to see clear evidence that he did fail test or what have you... more than just people saying he did it..

Who does know?

Have you read the USDA document? It just feels like a he said\she said document...

He most definately is guilty... but i'd like to see clear evidence that he did fail test or what have you... more than just people saying he did it..

Who does know?

Have you read the USDA document? It just feels like a he said\she said document...

undoubtedly a lot of that ... probably unavoidable given there were so many people also guilty of the same thing.

I guess what has riled everyone up is that he had opportunities to come clean in the past and refused. It might not have gone this far if he had?

I believe there is some evidence from one or more of the testing labs that also came before the USADA and/or the UCI. But we just don't hear much apart from what is leaked to the media and that usually gets spun like fairy floss...

in the fullness of time, perhaps it will become clearer.... :confused:

The 3 "grand tours" are gruesome tough events.

And I suspect these are the dirty events, maybe these events should be every four years instead?

I have started research on piece on Armstrong to help understand some of the hypocrisy involved in discrediting him, at least to help me understand.

Came across this interesting piece.

Current markers of the Athlete Blood Passport do not flag microdose EPO doping
Author(s): Ashenden, M (Ashenden, Michael)1; Gough, CE (Gough, Clare E.)2,3; Garnham, A (Garnham, Andrew)4; Gore, CJ (Gore, Christopher J.)2,5; Sharpe, K (Sharpe, Ken)6
Source: EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSIOLOGY Volume: 111 Issue: 9 Pages: 2307-2314 DOI: 10.1007/s00421-011-1867-6 Published: SEP 2011
Abstract: The Athlete Blood Passport is the most recent tool adopted by anti-doping authorities to detect athletes using performance-enhancing drugs such as recombinant human erythropoietin (rhEPO). This strategy relies on detecting abnormal variations in haematological variables caused by doping, against a background of biological and analytical variability. Ten subjects were given twice weekly intravenous injections of rhEPO for up to 12 weeks. Full blood counts were measured using a Sysmex XE-2100 automated haematology analyser, and total haemoglobin mass via a carbon monoxide rebreathing test. The sensitivity of the passport to flag abnormal deviations in blood values was evaluated using dedicated Athlete Blood Passport software. Our treatment regimen elicited a 10% increase in total haemoglobin mass equivalent to approximately two bags of reinfused blood. The passport software did not flag any subjects as being suspicious of doping whilst they were receiving rhEPO. We conclude that it is possible for athletes to use rhEPO without eliciting abnormal changes in the blood variables currently monitored by the Athlete Blood Passport.

also this

The evolving science of detection of blood doping'
Author(s): Lundby, C (Lundby, Carsten)1; Robach, P (Robach, Paul)2; Saltin, B (Saltin, Bengt)3
Source: BRITISH JOURNAL OF PHARMACOLOGY Volume: 165 Issue: 5 Pages: 1306-1315 DOI: 10.1111/j.1476-5381.2011.01822.x Published: MAR 2012
Abstract: Blood doping practices in sports have been around for at least half a century and will likely remain for several years to come. The main reason for the various forms of blood doping to be common is that they are easy to perform, and the effects on exercise performance are gigantic. Yet another reason for blood doping to be a popular illicit practice is that detection is difficult. For autologous blood transfusions, for example, no direct test exists, and the direct testing of misuse with recombinant human erythropoietin (rhEpo) has proven very difficult despite a test exists. Future blood doping practice will likely include the stabilization of the transcription factor hypoxia-inducible factor which leads to an increased endogenous erythropoietin synthesis. It seems unrealistic to develop specific test against such drugs (and the copies hereof originating from illegal laboratories). In an attempt to detect and limit blood doping, the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) has launched the Athlete Biological Passport where indirect markers for all types of blood doping are evaluated on an individual level. The approach seemed promising, but a recent publication demonstrates the system to be incapable of detecting even a single subject as suspicious while treated with rhEpo for 1012 weeks. Sad to say, the hope that the 2012 London Olympics should be cleaner in regard to blood doping seems faint. We propose that WADA strengthens the quality and capacities of the National Anti-Doping Agencies and that they work more efficiently with the international sports federations in an attempt to limit blood doping.

Lance Armstrong has given the entire world the finger by tweeting this picture of himself laying on his couch surrounded by his TDF framed winning jerseys...his tweet said "back in Austin & Just layin around...."

lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352710051.998715.jpg

By Matt Westby - UK TIMES

An apparently defiant Lance Armstrong has posted a photograph of himself on Twitter with the seven Tour de France yellow jerseys won between 1999 and 2005 but later taken from him.

Armstrong, 41, was stripped of all of his Tour triumphs last month after the International Cycling Union ratified a 1,000-page report by the United States Anti-Doping Agency that described him as a “serial cheat” who was behind “the most sophisticated, professionalised and successful doping programme that sport has ever seen”.

The world media is in a frenzy over this lol

Lance Armstrong has given the entire world the finger by tweeting this picture of himself laying on his couch surrounded by his TDF framed winning jerseys...his tweet said "back in Austin & Just layin around...."

lol

View attachment 5951

An apparently defiant Lance Armstrong has posted a photograph of himself on Twitter with the seven Tour de France yellow jerseys won between 1999 and 2005 but later taken from him.

Armstrong, 41, was stripped of all of his Tour triumphs last month after the International Cycling Union ratified a 1,000-page report by the United States Anti-Doping Agency that described him as a “serial cheat” who was behind “the most sophisticated, professionalised and successful doping programme that sport has ever seen”.

What a tosser.

lol Its caused chaos Bazza...an attention grab for sure...from a man who's remained defiantly silent throughout the uproar, investigation & stripping if titles...the mind boggles as to why he'd do it....

One word : EGO

Bless him.

lol

View attachment 5951

I love it... it's the biggest fuck you he could give the USADA

They were happy to use him to pump up their boring sport and now they will be happy to tear him down to prove how committed they are to clean cycling.

Some of them knew all along but they were in a no lose situation, they could ride the train while it went and then jump off in mock horror when it derailed.

Armstrong isn't the only one who made millions from his career, I'd love to read his next book. Bet there's a few names in it.

They were happy to use him to pump up their boring sport and now they will be happy to tear him down to prove how committed they are to clean cycling.

Some of them knew all along but they were in a no lose situation, they could ride the train while it went and then jump off in mock horror when it derailed.

Armstrong isn't the only one who made millions from his career, I'd love to read his next book. Bet there's a few names in it.

lol Agree 100%

Today Lance comes out to Oprah. lol, what a fuckwit. Even his apology is scripted. Wonder if Oprah will give him a hug.