• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Kettlebells

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member

• How have you incorporated kettlebells into your training?
  • How has training with kettlebells positively or negatively affected your strength, sports, or conditioning?
  • Got any good articles, routines, or exercises to do with KBs?

Today Im dedicating my hamstring workout to the Single Leg Deadlift using 2 KB's. These wreck my life...

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

I'm currently doing the 300 swings a day for 30 days challenge. I did 10 days at 24kgs, best time 12:09, 10 days at 28kg, best time 13:54 and I'm 2 days into 32kgs, took me 18:19 this morning, looking to get this to around the 15min mark. On the last day I'll drop back to 24kg and see if I can get it under 10mins.

It was fun at the start but it's messed up my regular training now and I'm looking forward to it being over with. I'll do my normal training first, some lifting, some fast exercising and then the swings as a finisher. Overall I'd say it has negatively affected my strength, all my numbers are down.

There is a good article on breakingmuscle regarding Russian vs American swings that I thought was good.

I compete in Girevoy Sport so KBs are a regular part of my training.

Also use them as part of conditioning for my other stuff.

there are threads with lots of kb ladders and routines already on the forum ... should link to them here to save time.

I use them a lot for OHP and push press. I do a fair few swings as well, moderate to heavy weight but never anything less than a 15rm weight anymore. The single leg DL is bloody awesome with these.

I use my heavy one for high rep Ukranian deadlifts mainly.

Great for a balance of resistance training with conditioning.

I was doing some long cycle attempted training which is 10mins of clean and jerk (but I just push press since I suck at jerks). 1min on 1min off until 10mins is up. Great finisher.

The upper back is worked a lot in swings and cleans which I think can be easily forgotten too. Holding KB's in the rack position correctly requires a lot of core stability and upper back strength.

In short, love em. Very versatile. Probably not the greatest tool for a bodybuilder though.

I have over half a tonne of KB's at home, I make a point of using them I work outs. So versatile.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk