• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Kettlebell workouts

katie

I've complied a list of kettlebell complexes from the forum and Markos' newsletters. (They're probably all Markos' at the moment, but I was hoping people would chip in with their own complexes too, or good KB exercises - always looking for something new to try!)

* Try this. Get 2 x 20kg KB's or DB's. Press one overhead, then bend down, pick up the other one, clean it and press it without lowering the first one you pressed, then swap arms.

* Turkish get ups with kettlebells

* Tabata Ukrainian Deadlifts (22 cm blocks)

* Death Wish
Thrusters…………16kg x 20
Swing…………….24kg x 20
UDL……………...64kg x 20
C&P……………...12kg x 20
Catch & release…..24kg x 20
Thrusters…………16kg x 20
Swing…………….24kg x 20
UDL……………...64kg x 20
C&P……………...12kg x 20
Catch & release…..24kg x 20

* Swinging 60’s. To do them properly, you need to do 360 consecutive lifts without a break.
20 x Thrusters with 8kg
20 x KB swing with 16kg
20 x Catch & Release with 16kg.

* A variation to the Swinging 60’s is the Dirty 30. This complex uses heavier weights but less reps
10 x Thrusters with 16kg
10 x KB swing with 24kg
10 x Catch & Release with 24kg
You go through this circuit 3 times for a total of 90 reps.

* DEATH
20 x Thrusters with 16kg
20 x KB swings with 24kg
20 x KB clean & press with 8kg
20 x Catch & Release with 24kg
You have to complete this circuit twice for a total of 160 reps.

* CLIMBING K9
THRUSTERS
8kg x 10
12kg x 10
16kg x 10
20kg x 10
24kg x 10

* DESCENDING K9
(see CLIMBING K9 but done in reverse order)

* Round the World
64kg UDL off 32cm blocks x 10
56kg UDL off 25cm blocks x 10
48kg UDL off 22cm blocks x 10
24kg UDL off 16cm blocks x 10
16kg Thrusters x 10
12kg Thrusters x 10
8kg Thrusters x 10
40kg Cannonball x 10
32kg Cannonball x 10
24kg Cannonball x 10

------------

Anyone want to choose one for me to do tonight? I only have 16kg, 24kg, 32kg and 40kg KBs so I'd have to modify it somewhat.

Will show you Thursday....pull a KB high from the floor by the handle, release the handle and catch the KB with your hans underneath at chest height, release the KB again and this time catch it on the way down by the handle....catch and release

Good thing you have concrete and matting, I am a klutz, why do you think I chose a physical hobby that involves nothing more than lifting things up and putting them down? :)

There is heaps of material out there starting to emerge of Kettlebells. I have just bought a book called ''Enter the Kettlebell'' which is a great resource on increasing your pressing power and snatching ability. The SSST is aimed at getting your snatches to a level where you can snatche 200 reps in 10 minutes with a 24kg bell. It :cool::)is a test which is used by various elite military and law enforcement agencies including the FBI, many believe this test will eventually replace high rep bench pressing which is used to gauge strength in NFL players. It is an incredible exercise.

I like simple swing circuits e.g

Singlehanded swing:
12kg x 10
16kg x 10
24kg x 10
** switch sides
24kg x 10
16kg x 10
12kg x 10
*** doublehanded swing
12kg x 10
16kg x 10
24kg x 10

Do this as one round and do as many as you can - adjust reps to suit.

I also do this with KB snatches, squats, TGUs etc

Does anyone have anything more too add?

I just bought a 12kg 16kg and 24kg kettlebell!

Bump :)

Use your imagination.
You can pretty much do anything you can possibly think of with them.

Just remember though, if you think it sucks while you're doing it, it's probably good ;)

one thing to try is the 5 minute snatch challenge

do 5 snatches and then alternate sides.
Rinse and repeat until 5 minutes is up.

At no time do you put the bell down, if you need a break, hold the bell in the rack position and resume when ready.

note down how many you did, then beat it next time round.

I made a circuit that looks like this:

10 x DL
10 x Cannonballs (5 each arm)
10 x 2handed swings
10 x Cleans
10 x High Pull
10 x FS

Repeat as many times as you want.

Guaranteed to fk you up :D