• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Just bought some creatine. Help me with a weights plan?

W

Wanna Be Ken Doll

m 16 and after losing 30 kg's a year and a half ago i have decided that being skinny isn't cutting it for me anymore. I still have allot of lose skin around my lower stomach area and want to tone up nicely and get the usual that every guy wants (abs and nice built biceps).

I bought creatine as i am quite low on energy which often restricts me from using the weights set that i bought around 10 months ago. I often find it easier just to do cardio and i don't really think i eat enough for someone that's 72 kgs and 6 foot tall (partly scared of gaining weight again and becoming as fat as i was).

So im gonna hit the weights and the stomach work. Where do i start? how many reps of what? And im guessing i take the creatine right before i begin to work out? Is it safe to also sip water during my work out?

PS: The weights set i have is like an Everlast Multistation gym

You strike me as the kinda guy who eats one meal a day.
I used to be 65ish at just under your height, I looked like a rake and I ate 1 meal a day.
I dont know much about creatine, I dont take it either but I eat at minimum 2 serves oats, 2 bananas, 1/2 liter milk a few hours before my workout, never really had energy problems. I'd say your under eating.
Now imagine a skinny rake looking person with abs and big biceps.. they would look stupid. You need to train your body as a whole, not isolate certain parts. Big biceps are cool, but often they are accompanied by massive shoulders, thick wide back, thick forarms ect
If they are not, then the guy is on drugs and most likely will look stupidly out of proportion as if hes just stepped out of a cartoon.

Hello and welcome ken!

There is a lot of information it the links posted above, all that you ever really need to know.

Is there any possibility of selling your multistation gym to fund a basic barbell, bench, weights and squat stand? Everyone benefits the most by doing compound exercises (multi joint movements) using free weights. The gym you have is better than nothing, but you are limited to what you can achieve using it

Mate. I really feel for you & know where your coming from.

four years ago (this week'ish) i was quite overweight. At 162 cm's i was in my mid 80kg's. Sure that doesn't sound like much. Keep in mind tho, that i am quite short.

Anyway..I only spent the best part of 2-3 years of staying 'lean' & avoiding being the fat twat that i used to be. Over the last year tho, I've worked super hard at eating right, training hard & smart & re-assuring myself that as long as i work smart it's IMPOSSIBLE to transform into who i use to be, because training & have a better diet will prevent it.

Pay close attention to the links the other blokes have provided. stick to the basics. Think about how great you'll look when you gain 10kg of muscle and not 10kg of fat!!

hey mate hopefully everything goes will... just got to get into the gym or home gym and just do it.. 72kgs for 6 foot damnn thats slim as... i'm 5 foot 10 and 92kgs

the key is to eat clean food not fat food... i eat 6 meals a day.. i dont have a problem with putting on muscle either (maori blood).

this is the way to work with creatine. So, there are 3 phases in a creatine cycle... well, actually 2, but resting counts as well. The first phase is called the loading phase, because this is when you fill up your muscles with creatine, which is then used for ATP re-synthesis. After the creatine loading phase (first week), you lower the amount of creatine use - this is the maintenance phase.
Here's a typical creatine loading and maintenance cycle:
Week 1: creatine loading phase (20g / day)
Weeks 2 to 4: creatine maintenance phase (10g / day)
Weeks 5 to 8: no creatine
Typically, 4 weeks of cycling is all you need for creatine. It
could be different for you, and there are many variation of
this cycle, so test it out, and figure out what works best for
you..

my loading phase depending on wat ya tub tells u i take 1teaspoon + 300mls of juice 4 times a day, mornin, mid morning, mid after, before my workout.. i take it 30mins before anything i eat so its absorb properly..make sure u drink heaps of water through out the day.. this is only on my loading phase.. i decrease the amount after the 1st week.

this is one of my daily meal intakes when i first started out.. remember if u take creatine take it half hour before ya meal.. empty stomach, better absorbed

i work during the day so i do my workouts at night

Meal 1:

1 cup of oatmeal + protein shake
banana
Multivitamin

Meal 2:
6 oz of grilled chicken
salad

Meal 3:
6 oz of grilled chicken or grilled stake (good old george foreman)
1 cup of brown rice (real clean source of carbs) - u want carbs to build
Salad

Meal 4:
7 oz can of tuna + protein shake

Meal 5: dinner - 5:30pm
6 oz grilled chicken or fish or stake
Steamed vegetables

30mins before workout - 8:30pm, workout at 9pm
take my dextrose and creatine

immediately after workout
take my dextrose and creatine

30mins after that i take my protein shake.. i do it this way so i get more affect out of my supplements... u have a 3hour gap where ur body needs fuel = protein & carbs

Meal 6: before bed
6 oz of lean steak
Multivitamin

this was when i first started out... now i take alot of supps... as u learn wats good for u, u start finding out wats good for ur body, just listen to it. i train 5 days a week at home with split workouts..my diet is abit more complex now...

hope this helps
cheers

i only ment my diet has abit more supps and different food... sorry about the oz shit i'm just use to writing it

Thanks guys theres definently some greta helpful info here. Yeah i guess you could say im slim alhough i still have the lower stomach of a pregnant women who gave birth an hour ago even though ive been working hard to tone it! I refrain from fatty food but am just gonna keep trying and go hard with the weights and just take creatine as i go (5 grams before a workout each workout).

Just another question.. How many times a week should i hit the weights and for an estimation of how long or how many reps of legs arms and chest? Thanks again guys oh & i also do it in the evening as it suits me better and i can have a shower laters (stomach work also happens after the weights).

If you're asking those questions, you didn't read barclay's link.

You have to make some effort, if you won't even read a page or two you certainly won't lift weights with enough effort to get any results.

I find that happens a lot kyle, most newbies want to have an advanced training routine given to them on a silver platter. Most wont even read the links the users here provide, thats why I sometimes ask for their feedback on the links given and most of the time they dont say anything.

Not pointing any fingers at you ken, just having a rant :)

alright alright calm down... I read the Links. They helpful but as i am a "newbie" i ask the questions for a plain english version to be explained to me. You guys arent here for my assistance only but thats the reason i asked the second q anyways..

If anything's unclear, Ken, don't be afraid to post questions in the linked threads. We've tried to make things as clear as possible, but can always improve our writing.