• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

judge this video

CoMarsh

This guy named scooby is talking about Bulking up as a myth?

[YOUTUBE]lf1DCJ1xIdU[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to follow his theories, but im just not sure cause alot of people say that the best way for increasing lean muscle mass is to increase calories and nutrients into the body, with this the chance of gaining fat is high and it is faster than having a calorie deficit meal.

It's alot harder to put on muscle when your body is working to maintain a balance on a calorie deficit that's why people suggest going 500 calories over maintenance. It gives you leeway as well because somedays your going to consume more calories than others. I.e. squat day. You'll burn insane amounts of calories if your doing lots of heavy squats.

Haha yeah, im guessing its possible but its the time factor; how long it takes.
Btw gareer is your bf going up and down? what did you start with and what is it recently?

It's going up slightly, but I'm working hard to put on weight. So no cardio, whatsoever just weights. I never actually measured my bodyfat. But I uploaded a progress pic to the members forum that I took a couple weeks ago. That'll give you a rough idea what it was. I just follow how I look in the mirror. Once I hit november I'll cut a bit of fat for the beach. But I'm still focusing on mass at the moment.

I like scooby he is genuinely out there to help people. His ideas on diet are brilliant how he pushes the fact that 6 good meals a day is easy and food is for nourishment not enjoyment. Some of his training at home ideas are also pretty cool. He always trains near that fish tank and in sure one day he will put a barbell through it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
Mmm....what are your macro nutrients split? cause i've seen people bulking up without gaining tons of fat just a bit. Btw ur having 500 calories over your BMR?

I don't like his view on eggs or steak. Other than that he's pretty on the ball. Informative and slightly patronizing, something I get along with. And his hats are ballin', but I have more and a better range.

lol Paullie. Scoobies a good bloke. He's got some good calculators on his website for carb cycling and stuff. And yeh he's definitely going to break something some day.

bf? haha nice work paullie. mmm..dame I just calculated that im gonna be only having 200g of protein today...

hahah i disagree with some of the things he says but he usually says some good stuff