• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

ive hit a plateau - need help with sets variations!

P

pacmarn

Hi All,

I have currently hit a plateau in my training, I used to be able to up the weight with things like a dumbbell shoulder press every few weeks but I am struggling at the moment! I notice other people changing the weight for each set, for example – I am currently doing 3 x 12 - 20kg dumbbell shoulder presses and usually try and max it out on the last set. Just wondering if it is beneficial to maybe do 1 x 10 – 22.5kg set and then (cant do another set of 22.5!) move down a size and do another 2 sets of 20kg …. Maybe even drastically do another few sets after that at 15kg? should I stick to my current training – or should I mix it up a bit with different weights for each set etc? not sure of the benefits of working from smaller weigh to a heavier weight also. Cant find any research on this so any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks!
Shane