• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Is this a good routine?

bob23

I'm currently a member at Jetts, and as some of you know there is no squat rack or free adjustable barbells there.

This is the routine I have been doing for the past few weeks, suggested by a friend so let me know what you guys think

If this is no good, could somebody please help me come up with a more efficient workout aimed at building muscle?

Workout 1
Dumbbell Bench Press 3x6
Dumbbell Squat or Lunge 3x6
Leg Press 2x5
Lat Pulldowns (Until I can do wide grip chin ups) 2x5
Back hyperexentsions 2x8
Ez Curl Bar Bicep Curl 2x8

Workout 2
Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press 3x6
Deadlift lever machine 1x5
Pushups
One arm Dumbbell Row 3x6
Dips 3 sets till failure
Hanging Knee Raise 2x12

Leg extension 1x12
Dumbbell Squat 3x10 google goblet squat
Leg Press 1x20
Lat Pulldowns don't use wide grip, 1x12
Dumbbell Bench Press 2x12
Back hyperexentsions 1x12
Bar bell Bicep Curl 2x12

Workout 2
Standing Dumbbell Shoulder Press 3x6
Deadlift lever machine 5x5
Pushups
One arm Dumbbell Row 3x6
Dips 3 sets till failure
Hanging Knee Raise 1x20

Leg extension 1x12
Dumbbell Squat 3x10 google goblet squat
Leg Press 1x20
Lat Pulldowns don't use wide grip, 1x12
Dumbbell Bench Press 2x12
Back hyperexentsions 1x12
Bar bell Bicep Curl 2x12

Workout 2
Standing Dumbbell Shoulder Press 3x6
Deadlift lever machine 5x5
Pushups
One arm Dumbbell Row 3x6
Dips 3 sets till failure
Hanging Knee Raise 1x20

Thanks for the suggestion mate. What were the reasons for you changing some of the exercises and changing the reps?

I'm guessing this is not a strength oriented routine? 1x20 leg press on the current weight I do would be impossible, I'm usually stuffed after the 5th rep because I go heavy. Same for some of the other exercises.

Last edited:
I knew it was going to end like this.
This is what I saw...

I'm currently a member at Jetts, and as some of you know there is no squat rack or free adjustable barbells there.

This is the routine I have been doing for the past few weeks, suggested by a friend so let me know what you guys think

If this is no good, could somebody please help me come up with a more efficient workout aimed at building muscle?

Okay thanks lol. I just want to learn as much as I can especially considering I am still a rookie.