• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Is it even possible?

Fenrir

How much size can we expect to put on our frame (not expecting anyone to give me a kg value) if we are all-natural bodybuilders training wisely and consistently, eating correctly and getting adequate rest?

Obviously genetics would play a big factor, but what hope is there of a regular guy getting to the size of, or close to, a professional bdybuilder?

From what I understand performance enhancing drugs have pushed their bodies physiques beyond the boundaries of natural.

I would like to one day to be as big as Frank McGrath, so is this a reality?

I've been told it is by some ex bodybuilders but it takes ten times longer. They ofcourse used synthetics...
Posted via Mobile Device

god. not this topic again. Anabolic / androgenic's in my opinion doesn't take your body beyond it's natural capacity. It merely takes you closer towards it.

At my staggering height of 162cm tall, it's unlikely that i'll ever be able to for example bench press 300kg. I don't think it'll ever happen, even if wearing a powerlifters bench pressing shirt & juiced to the gills. However, if in that state, i'll be more likely to tap (or come pretty close) to what i can really do.

There's a calculation that works out what you could acheive without the use of ergonomic aids (generally steroids). I'll have a hunt around. it was developed in the 50's, so it's possibly a bit out-dated

You have no chance of looking like Frank McGrath naturally, so set lesser goals to avoid disappointment. Even on gear you may never look like him.

It all comes down to natural hormone levels and production.. Higher this is the more potential. Strength is related but not so much as i beleive i am somewhat strong for my levels.. So if mine are 7.3 and i can lift what i lift and some people i have read on here have levels at 30 then there strengthand size should be at least 3 times what i am...

Saying that if you are a healthy individual with no pituitary or gonad problems then resistence training will increase your natural base line test levels. As well as certain foods and a stress free life style and lots of sleep and good fats.

If you have been a fat teenager then chances are you have hindered your potential for future growth and if nothing budges or grows then i reccomend getting your hormones cheked.

Lifting is mind over matter especially compound exercises they are very intimidating and you can give up and fail before you even touch the bar..

But if you have the right frame of mind you eat clean and live a proper healthy lifestyle then the sky is the limit... Look at olympic lifters do you think they have the oportunity to touch gear with all there anti doping testing? Your genetic potential is higher then you might think..

You have no chance of looking like Frank McGrath naturally, so set lesser goals to avoid disappointment. Even on gear you may never look like him.

Ditto!

No chance in hell.

That's not to say you won't see dudes like him win the Naturals...... But that's a topic in itself.