• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Is creatine right for me?

davidb0312

Hey guys, I've been somewhat against using creatine as a result of hearing bad stuff about it in the past but it seems recently it's getting thumbs up. So I'm considering giving the Bioflex or Bn creatine a go but I'm wondering if it's right for me based on my goals over summer.

basically over summer I want to lose a lot of my fat, of course I will be dieting (I'll make a thread about that later) but I'm wanting to get all the things that may assist me with my goals ready before I get started (uni exams atm so a bit busy to be consistent at the gym right now). I know creatine isn't for fat loss itself but if it can help me train a bit harder or for longer than I figure it'll help with the overall goal. Thoughts? Thanks.

Also looking at getting some BCAAs as the BN ones were quite nice, I figure with bioflex having free shipping its a good time to order! P.s. does anyone know the flavour of the BCAAs sold by bioflex?

Last edited:
What bad things have you heard about creatine???

At $25 per kilo (200 days supply) I take it just in case it does something, if you are training hard it's hard to tell if it is the creatine doing it or just the hard work, but I would say a bit of both:)

Well mainly heard things about it affecting the kidneys and that it's not effective.

Hmm just been checking out the BN aminos seems like a bargain if u buy them plain then just add the flavouring yourself! anyone else done that?

cheers mick

I think i will give some a bash but still open for peoples suggestions before i make a purchase sometime this month

Creatine is proven to work by studies. I don't have those studies, but Christian and MaxBrenner sure will.

Last edited:
Creatine is proven to work by studies. I don't have those studies, but @Christian and @MaxBrenner sure will.

This isn't Twitter mate.

And yes Creatine works. Some people complain of bloating, but 99% of the time that's caused by impurities in the product. Get a pure / reputable product and it shouldn't happen.

Drink water. Eat clean. No point using supplements if the base nutrition isn't there, that's why they're called supplements.

This isn't Twitter mate.

And yes Creatine works. Some people complain of bloating, but 99% of the time that's caused by impurities in the product. Get a pure / reputable product and it shouldn't happen.

Drink water. Eat clean. No point using supplements if the base nutrition isn't there, that's why they're called supplements.

yeah no shit.

Ive seen someone else do something like that to link them to the thread, so i tried it

Check here for Creatine reading:
http://ausbb.com/bodybuilding-supplements/15529-creatine-magic-myth-10.html

I bought my Creatine at $25 per kilo at BN, I have also used the flavoured BCAA's, as a matter of fact will be ordering more BCAA's next week as I am running low. Have not tried any other aminos only what is in my protein powder:)
Thanks Big Mick.

Here guys from post #99 (my post) on the link Big Mick provided -

I'd take the general consensus of BB.COM with a grain of salt or dextrose :D

Creatine causes INTRAMUSCULAR water retention, not the bloat that is generally associated with creatine supplementation.

This is generally what happens, creatine is used by bro's on their 'bulking' phases. But what happens on their bulking phase is their carbohydrate intake goes up, overall calorie intake goes up, sodium intake increase (unknowingly) and then they are carrying all this 'extra water' or are 'bloated'. What gets the blame, good old creatine.

Also, there are a lot of 'creatine' products that contain some form of carbohydrate and a large amount of it, think Cell-Tech. Now last time I looked at the back of Cell-Tech, 70%+ of the contents where dextrose! You want water retention, Oh I mean you want to gain 7lbs in 7 days you got it :D

Yes there are non responders at that is about 20% of people. Why? Well it is not completely known but it would have to be something to do with the mechanisms involved in uptake and/or ATP cycle IMO.

Amount of benefit? well that is hard to pin point as there are many other intangibles and variables that effect training performance/ability/muscular hypertrophy. You may get an extra ~5% out of your training over time if you are doing EVERYTHING else right.

Here is some reading for your leisure :D -

Effects of creatine supplementation and ... [J Strength Cond Res. 2003] - PubMed - NCBI

Effects of creatine on isometric bench-... [Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2002] - PubMed - NCBI

Effects of creatine supplementation and ... [J Strength Cond Res. 2007] - PubMed - NCBI