• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Iron Edge Iron Cage

Do they make a full length safety stop that goes inside the cage? Those little spotting arms look really dodgy.

That would work for squats. Would not be very good for bench unless they could be made more taught.

I suspect the spotting arms would be fine for bench, they demonstrate them on their half rack holding about 400kgs with two people standing on them as well :)

Like the matrix, it is ridiculously overpriced imo. Like 4x what I would pay for a high end rack.

I understand that crossfit gyms will pay for the matrix, I don't know who will buy this when you can get a sturdy second hand rack for a couple hundred dollars max.

Yeah, The assault rack is expensive but a case can be argued given how awesomely solid it is... but the the matrix is way to expensive and the iron cage is just taking the p***

Yeah the matrix pricing is ridiculous, I'm not sure about the quality but the new racks at cyber market are about a 1/3 if not less.

The Iron Cage is also only 3mm thick steel, not 4mm, which was one of their "selling points" for the Matrix system.

Iron Cage would probably be alright in a college type set up where you use it as 2 x half rack (cuts down the cost to sub 2K each lol)

If I was going to go down the Rogue route I'd probably take the Westside Rack (not on the Aus site)

there's at least $500 worth of steel in it (160kg@roughly $3/kg), before cutting, laser cuting holes and welding etc..
laser cut holes vs punched = nice..
higher quality steel = nice
2.4m high vs 2.2 = nice

Aussie steel, aussie product = Aussie price and Aussie profit?

For all that quality catches a failed squat no better then a chinese rack for 1/4 of the price and to boot has a shit chin up bar.

not trying to defend it :)
just rationalise the costs in my head...

you'd hope they'd done some market research before deciding on pricing...
s'pose they are just going for the gym market, where it all gets written off on tax?

I just can't believe you wouldn't take some design cues from the 10 million other, cheaper, better racks out there. Mind boggles that people pay that. Its like that exxy swiss bar theor selling that doesn't even have rotating sleeves.

Pretty sure premium products are supposed to actually be shit hot.