• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Whats the criteria for judging this? I can think of few criteria that help narrow it down a bit but it's by no means definitive and would not be uttered amongst fellow PA members. Unless there is a positive test, and the best testing would be by OCT, then any given lifter in tested Fed is entitled to a presumption of cleanliness. In reality there will be a percentage who are not.

Its hard to envisage much of an incidence of usage in lifters ranking up to or including A grade, although some people are just so fucking useless and stupid I guess it is possible. There's always some fuckwit who puts a 13B in a Datto 120Y and calls it a race car.

If all E2 were subject to OCT testing at the same time, then my guess is that there would be about a 10-15% probability of finding a grub. For E1 there might be 20-25% probability of finding a grub if all lifters were tested simultaneously.

For WL, it's much easier to pick (ie presume something is suss) without testing. There is a clear break that separates plainly awesome from scary awesome.

My criteria?im not involved in drug testing and Von i was a cannabis smoker on occasion in NZ.Wilks and a number of other powerlifting people know this,i told him when i signed up to PA.If he told me i couldnt join,i wouldnt of joined..I have a bit of experience when it comes to rec drugs.I dont believe they helped my performance 1 single bit.In fact its probably ruined any chance of me being a good open lifter.It makes you weaker not stronger.I wish now i had never touched the stuff however i am susceptible to it,i dont drink or party for that very reason.

I know a thing or two about a thing or two however my stance isnt as hardline as yours when it comes to using steroids.I just dont believe they should be used when the rules say they shouldnt.I see they have medical benefits.

Last edited:
pretty sure richard hozjan would rape all of the above, and he's been oly tested since a teenager. properly.
world tested and world class.

This has been covered before by others but i think having access to them would be a starting point.You would look at a PA lifter and see who his friends are.The majority of people that i know of that have lifted at the same meets as me all know each other well and all lift together.There wouldnt be many, if any unknowns.Im sort of unknown but thats because i live out in the sticks and its obvious from my performance im hardly a world beater.Im increasing my total because i like lifting full stop.These guys arent easy to fool.Eventually you will get caught.For me its easy just to lift naturally for financial reasons as well.Roids seem expensive plus the tall poppy syndrome that exists in NZ and Aussie would chop anyone down who is circumventing the system.

Last edited:
i have my suspicions but no facts to back up who i think may have taken them and as ive stated before it doesnt directly affect me as i lift with the oldies anyway.And i have great fun doing so.

uh?ive never taken them mate.ive spent the majority of my life training in some shape or form.not weight training per se but ive always been active.Thats probably the difference between someone like me and someone like you.Im simply harder.lols put that in your pipe.

Last edited:
no, your full of shit because even the natty people, you disregard... even olympic tested since teenagers, you auto disregard, oh because your better right? but your not... i gave an example and your like a 12yr old throwing a fit.

yeah it does seem really cocky that ive gotten to a certain level that you havent by just sheer bloody minded dedication and dont mind telling you so when you step out of line with me.And the fact of the matter is i go to meets and realise im still way behind.Ima minnow bro,but your an amoeba.Minnows eat amoebas.come at me.

It is ludicrous for cannabis to be on the banned list. I can't imagine anyone putting up much of a total whilst bent.

its actually really good for lifting von, from dopamine increase to pain decrease, and generally a calm mind, allowing you to bring everything, all to that singular moment.

oh how i miss it, gave up smoking like 6 months ago. boo

It is ludicrous for cannabis to be on the banned list. I can't imagine anyone putting up much of a total whilst bent.

I thought this got changed around - one of the other lifters in my gym was saying you don't get banned for smoking weed these days.

Gerry, you really need to come and train (or compete) with us here bud, I think you'd fit in quite well, there's a lot of redpills here.

Personally, I find that I shoot better with caffeine, I lift better without. I steer clear of commercial pre workouts these days.

It's on the WADA list
When I competed in cycling, cannabis was absolutely a performance enhancer
It's silly to hav a list for every sport

Doesn't help lifting no, but it turns you into an endurance demon

I thought this got changed around - one of the other lifters in my gym was saying you don't get banned for smoking weed these days.

Gerry, you really need to come and train (or compete) with us here bud, I think you'd fit in quite well, there's a lot of redpills here.

Personally, I find that I shoot better with caffeine, I lift better without. I steer clear of commercial pre workouts these days.

Its still on the banned list Ashe.And yeah ive promised Joel a number of times i would come then something gets in the way.would be fun but ive delayed it a few times already.

Last edited:
It's on the WADA list
When I competed in cycling, cannabis was absolutely a performance enhancer
It's silly to hav a list for every sport

Doesn't help lifting no, but it turns you into an endurance demon

So if it doesnt help with lifting,it cant be a performance enhancer.I reckon it turns you into a dreamer.How can it improve endurance when its obvious inhaling smoke ruins lung capacity.Ive observed a few powerlifters are cigarette smokers,man i couldnt even handle doing that..air is air.
I hope im not offending any cigarette smokers out there lol.i used to be 1 myself.The cost of it made me quit.Now i cant even take the smell of it.
Speaking for myself,any endurance ive developed hasnt come from smoking pot,rather its from doing manual labour.

Last edited:
its actually really good for lifting von, from dopamine increase to pain decrease, and generally a calm mind, allowing you to bring everything, all to that singular moment.

oh how i miss it, gave up smoking like 6 months ago. boo

Yes mr no log no pics and no competitive history,im sure its made you magnificent.Brock Lesnar called btw.

Last edited:
Regarding canabis, I was listening to the Joe Rogan Podcast and he was interviewing Jeff Novitzky (guy who busted Lance Armstrong) who is the VP of athlete health and performance for the UFC, he has been brought in to clean up the sport. Im not sure if this is for the UFC only or other sports but he was saying the UFC fighters only get tested for things like canabis/party drugs within a small window before and after a fight, they dont actually test for it offseason.

If anyone is curious, its a good listen, lots of talk about testing, how it works, science on how things like extreme weight cutting for weigh ins could actually be worse for performance etc. http://podcasts.joerogan.net/podcasts/jeff-novitzky

Last edited: