• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Intermittent Fasting

Grove

Hey guys

Whats your guys opinion on intermittent fasting, I was thinking of doing later down the track (when I'm cutting). Basically all it is, is that you give yourself a limited amount of hours to consume all your food in and then fast the rest of the day. So for example, eat from 2pm-8pm and then fast the rest of the day. It really depends on your work/social life, some people prefer to do it from 8am - 2pm etc. I'm fairly new to it but it would be good to get an opinion on it by an experienced member.

Easiest way to do it is just skip breakfast and eat lunch and dinner but still hit your calories and macros for the day

Personal experience:

When I am dropping weight it is much easier for me to eat about 6 hours or later after I get up. If I have breakfast earlier I tend to overeat. So it works great, for me, to control my calorie intake. Bulking up would be harder due to needing to get in more calories but it is still do able. I also feel better when I eat later on rather than early. There is nothing special about it , it just helps me control my food intake.

As Andy stated it works for some but for others it is much harder to do. You also need to give it a chance and ease into it. Also I just call it eating to suit me not a special name like intermittent fasting.

I've skipped breakfast for about 2 months now, much easier to fit in macros and not over eat...my weight has gone from 119 to 114...It worked for me :)

I'm have been doing it for four weeks or so and I like it purely for the fact that it is easier to prepare a few meals than a lot. Also breakfast is the worse meal for clean eating as oats and egg whites taste like shit.

i pretty much did this for the last 3-4 years and stayed between 6-8% bodyfat.

i did lots of fasted cardio and ate about 3 meals daily.

most work days i didn't eat until about 3pm then same thing 3 meals. usually was whatever i wanted as long as it had protein in it.

it was like 3 meals 2-3 hours apart later in the day.

some days i still do the same thing. if i've eaten enough, i've eaten enough. no need to guzzle more food.