• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Insanity Workout DVD

Big Mick

"2014 - Kunce of the year"
I usually laugh at all these infomercials and rubbish machines they sell, but this has me interested to some degree. I only watched the infomercial the other day as my missus has been given the complete DVD set by a friend who bought it and then thought she did not want to do it as she might get too muscly :rolleyes:

Has anyone seen the insanity workout DVD infomercial??

Has anyone tried the workouts??

They have a 60 day program starting off with 30 minutes per day and building up from there. And different workouts on different days.

Might be a good way to cut up, consists of six workouts per week, with Sundays off.

If I was going to try it should I adjust my weights to just real basic weight sessions with just one or two compound lifts 3-4 days per week???

Seriously considering giving it a run starting first Monday in March or there abouts, it's only 30 minutes a day, what have I got to lose apart from my gut:)

PS I have lost 5kg since January 1 so far, with no cardio this year yet as part of the 2013 transformation contest:)

Any feed back, ideas, guidance, discussion or friendly banter is welcome

Last edited:
It's just insane cardio style stuff from what I can remember, if you run it you will cut up heaps IMO.

I have the DVDs from my sister in law, I do some of the workouts when I can't get to the gym, don't mind em and it's more barable than the dickhead on P90x.

Just watched the youtube video and it all looks like broscience to me. You can workout all you like but you can't out exercise a bad diet. Would be ok if you could burn 500-600 extra calories a day and of course your heart and lungs will get a workout too.

It all comes down to diet.

Just watched the youtube video and it all looks like broscience to me. You can workout all you like but you can't out exercise a bad diet. Would be ok if you could burn 500-600 extra calories a day and of course your heart and lungs will get a workout too.

Goes without saying doesn't it?

The workouts are good... combined with a good diet.

Well you probably missed several points, I am pretty sure there are a lot of people who out exercise a bad diet, and I personally know quite a few who do including my next door neighbor who trains like a demon, then heads straight to the pub for a feed and ten beers. And he is ripped as:rolleyes:

How does it look like Bro science? Which part of it is bro science??? That training hard will change your body shape and help you lose fat, or the diet plan that comes with it will help you archive those goals quicker??

What do you mean by if you could burn 500-600 calories? Are you saying it can't be done??

Sorry to sound like I am ripping your post apart, but it makes no sense at all or I missed something. That's why I asked the extra questions.

Well you probably missed several points, I am pretty sure there are a lot of people who out exercise a bad diet, and I personally know quite a few who do including my next door neighbor who trains like a demon, then heads straight to the pub for a feed and ten beers. And he is ripped as:rolleyes:

How does it look like Bro science? Which part of it is bro science??? That training hard will change your body shape and help you lose fat, or the diet plan that comes with it will help you archive those goals quicker??

What do you mean by if you could burn 500-600 calories? Are you saying it can't be done??

Sorry to sound like I am ripping your post apart, but it makes no sense at all or I missed something. That's why I asked the extra questions.

The people who made that product are marketers first and interested in helping you second. That's my definition of broscience. People selling shit to lure you into thinking you will get ripped.

As far as burning 500-600 calories, of course it can be done, and maybe I'm being facetious but most people I meet and see in the gym have no idea how much work it will take to burn 600 calories.

I haven't read the diet plan so I can't comment. Getting diet results is simply eating in a calorie deficit.

I see what you mean now, of course it's marketing, everything is, food is marketed, supplements are marketed, gym equipment is marketed, various routines are marketed. Does not mean. They will not work though.

I was more looking at comments and feedback about how effective it would be and how I should incorporate my weight training into the plan.

The plan calls for about 30-45 minutes per day, Monday to Saturday with Sunday off. Doing a certain workout. I also want to keep traing weights.

So I am thinking just doing some major compound exercises for about 20 minutes 3-4 times a week. Ie squats, deads, bench, press. May be just one of each once per week. So squat every Monday, deads Wednesday, bench Friday and press Saturday. Or what ever.

I ran p90x once which is a similar type program ( similar in structure and frequency) if you can stick to it you will do well for weight loss and all over fitness. IMO

Will give it a run either starting March or April, will try a few workouts and see if it is for me. Got nothing to lose, the DVDs are sitting on the shelf and cost me nothing.

Will give it a run either starting March or April, will try a few workouts and see if it is for me. Got nothing to lose, the DVDs are sitting on the shelf and cost me nothing.

Mick,

The calorie deficit is where you will lose weight..... You will need to find the right calorie intake vs calorie burn that works for you...

Most it would seem..... Initialise weight lose with a slight calorie deficit... Then they progress to increasing calorie burn ( cardio) as things stat to slow down.. Either way both work.... Just need to choose the approach that keeps you motivated and on track to maintain a calorie deficit...

One great thing about cardio is it allows you to eat more.... Making dieting more sustainable...

In the absence of steroids or other chemical helpers.... The big three lifts are the critical part of your cut for maintaining lean mass... Need to lift as heavy as you can for as long as you can while your in a calorie deficit... This is very hard work and strength will diminish over time as your bf% lowers....

So if you are going to be a cardio bunny to lose weight.... Squat, dead lift, bench and rows up to a heavy 3 to 5 repper will be key to holding lean mass...

I say go for it.... You sound pretty inspired and motivated to do it...

I have some friends that ran through the entire insanity program and got some good results.

Personally if i was going to do some cardio i'd prefer to run up the stairs at Kangaroo Point cliffs. Can't think of anything worse than exercising in my lounge room.

I have some friends that ran through the entire insanity program and got some good results.

Personally if i was going to do some cardio i'd prefer to run up the stairs at Kangaroo Point cliffs. Can't think of anything worse than exercising in my lounge room.

Except dealing with every fucking poser that is there. It's a great spot but so many people give me the absolute shits.

The people who made that product are marketers first and interested in helping you second. That's my definition of broscience. People selling shit to lure you into thinking you will get ripped.

As far as burning 500-600 calories, of course it can be done, and maybe I'm being facetious but most people I meet and see in the gym have no idea how much work it will take to burn 600 calories.

I haven't read the diet plan so I can't comment. Getting diet results is simply eating in a calorie deficit.

Dude my missus burns 1000 calories in an hour at gym. When she instructs les mills classes she can burn 800 in 45 mins. Ppl under estimate how easy it is to burn if u are fit!

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. :)

Will see how I go!!!

Mick turn your weigh into pounds and times it by 11 that wil give you your calorie intake for weight loss. Then download the my fitness pal app on your phone and count your calories see if you are going over. You get the diet right and you could change body composition results from push ups and walking.

I downloaded the torrent and watched the first video, laughed my ass off and then deleted the torrent which was a damn big file too.

Just too much cheese and models doing the exercise go full retard, cannot take seriously.

I downloaded the torrent and watched the first video, laughed my ass off and then deleted the torrent which was a damn big file too.

Just too much cheese and models doing the exercise go full retard, cannot take seriously.

Interesting, have yet to see one of the dvd's.

I am probably too old, but I do not understand your post, but I get the gist that you did not like it.

Did not know it had cheese in it, or why, must watch one I guess to see why it has cheese?? Is that part of the diet plan???:confused:

And not sure what full retard means either:confused: But I am guessing it means they can't do it or something:confused:

Please reply in English as that might as well have been chinese:cool:

Interesting, have yet to see one of the dvd's.

I am probably too old, but I do not understand your post, but I get the gist that you did not like it.

Did not know it had cheese in it, or why, must watch one I guess to see why it has cheese?? Is that part of the diet plan???:confused:

And not sure what full retard means either:confused: But I am guessing it means they can't do it or something:confused:

Please reply in English as that might as well have been chinese:cool:
My brother was doing something called muscle beach or someshit like that full of supersets and what not. I would come home from work and hear the dvd playing saying shit like feel the burn, it's all you and other lame corny shit you would expect a personal training from fitness first would say to you. I would be guessing that's why he was laughing at it and turn it off. The "acting", training or what ever you call it are these perfectly sculpted guys doing the routine, just like how you see ripped guyson the ab swing commercials.

when I did the whole dvd thing, I just muted the tv and played tunes. its only there for cues, if you get a worksheet with it.