• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

In defense of Whey

Fadi

As my friend n00bs wrote in his thread titled: Milk? What to believe...http://ausbb.com/nutrition-diet/10304-milk-what-believe.html, he sited the linked article which was attributed to Robert Cohen http://www.notmilk.com/whey.html

Now I did not read the whole article I must admit and I’ll tell you why. You see, once I find out that you’re not telling the truth, which I (as well as all of you here reading my words) can verify, then you’d leave me with no other choice but to mistrust you and moreover, question your motive.

Now as all of you know, I have written on the subject of milk and I was not in favour of drinking it or eating items made from it. However I have always stated that I was not against whey powder in the least and I gave my reasons why.

This is not religion or philosophy, where one can argue points back and forth etc. No; this is about the chemical composition of the human body where we’re dealing with chemical reactions taking place physiologically.

Math as we know it has its own formulas for additions, subtractions, multiplications, and divisions. Likewise, our bodies have there own rules and laws that govern them and what is white today does not become black tomorrow because well…I felt like it!

Our body is made up of tiny microscopic units of matter we call atoms. Can’t get smaller than that now can we? Well yes we can. An atom has a central nucleus with protons and neutrons and orbit (s) of electrons and don’t worry, I’ll stop the biology lesson right here but…water and solutions; I’ll have to say something about these if we are to get to my defense of the whey case.

Water is the most abundant molecule in the human body. Now a solution is the final product that was once a solute and a solvent coming together. So when “stuff” dissolves in a liquid, we call it a solute, while the liquid itself we refer to as a solvent. Solutes + solvents = solutions. Now recall I said water is the most common molecule in the human body? Good; then it should become no surprise that water is the most abundant solvent. Most chemical reactions involving molecules dissolve perfectly, so much so that we call them Hydrophilic, or “water-loving”; readily/willingly/lovingly dissolves in water! In contrast, molecules that are not attracted to water are called hydrophobic molecules, or (water-fearing).

Okay guys and gals, I’m getting warmer so …

Steroids. Sound familiar? Good, steroids are not soluble in water due to their polarity. Sex hormones, such as testosterone and estrogen, are examples of steroids, as well as cholesterol and cortisol. Progesterone is fat-soluble too; not water-soluble meaning it is repelled by water and attracted by fats. It circulates in blood bound to proteins. Being lipophilic (fat-loving) and not water soluble, the majority of free progesterone molecules are carried by red blood cells whose membranes are made of fat, and not the watery serum of the blood.

Please re read the above paragraph again and see if you can show me where any hormone mentioned is a water loving substance.

I have finally arrived at the whey intersection. Let’s take WPI which is virtually fat free. Wow, did I just say fat free?! So if it’s fat free, where would the hormones estrogen and progesterone be riding now? Well unless some manufacturer has added some steroids in powder form to the WPI powder, then it should be free from steroid hormones according to the law of physiology (and attachment). That’s the way I see it. Now has anyone got a different view from the one I’ve shared with you here?

Thanks for your patience…I knew I’d get my whey back somehow!

http://www.biology-online.org/9/1_chemical_composition.htm

Fadi.

Last edited:
As my friend n00bs wrote in his thread titled: Milk? What to believe...http://ausbb.com/nutrition-diet/10304-milk-what-believe.html, he sited the linked article which was attributed to Robert Cohen http://www.notmilk.com/whey.html

Now I did not read the whole article I must admit and I’ll tell you why. You see, once I find out that you’re not telling the truth, which I (as well as all of you here reading my words) can verify, then you’d leave me with no other choice but to mistrust you and moreover, question your motive.

Now as all of you know, I have written on the subject of milk and I was not in favour of drinking it or eating items made from it. However I have always stated that I was not against whey powder in the least and I gave my reasons why.

This is not religion or philosophy, where one can argue points back and forth etc. No; this is about the chemical composition of the human body where we’re dealing with chemical reactions taking place physiologically.

Math as we know it has its own formulas for additions, subtractions, multiplications, and divisions. Likewise, our bodies have there own rules and laws that govern them and what is white today does not become black tomorrow because well…I felt like it!

Our body is made up of tiny microscopic units of matter we call atoms. Can’t get smaller than that now can we? Well yes we can. An atom has a central nucleus with protons and neutrons and orbit (s) of electrons and don’t worry, I’ll stop the biology lesson right here but…water and solutions; I’ll have to say something about these if we are to get to my defense of the whey case.

Water is the most abundant molecule in the human body. Now a solution is the final product that was once a solute and a solvent coming together. So when “stuff” dissolves in a liquid, we call it a solute, while the liquid itself we refer to as a solvent. Solutes + solvents = solutions. Now recall I said water is the most common molecule in the human body? Good; then it should become no surprise that water is the most abundant solvent. Most chemical reactions involving molecules dissolve perfectly, so much so that we call them Hydrophilic, or “water-loving”; readily/willingly/lovingly dissolves in water! In contrast, molecules that are not attracted to water are called hydrophobic molecules, or (water-fearing).

Okay guys and gals, I’m getting warmer so …

Steroids. Sound familiar? Good, steroids are not soluble in water due to their polarity. Sex hormones, such as testosterone and estrogen, are examples of steroids, as well as cholesterol and cortisol. Progesterone is fat-soluble too; not water-soluble meaning it is repelled by water and attracted by fats. It circulates in blood bound to proteins. Being lipophilic (fat-loving) and not water soluble, the majority of free progesterone molecules are carried by red blood cells whose membranes are made of fat, and not the watery serum of the blood.

Please re read the above paragraph again and see if you can show me where any hormone mentioned is a water loving substance.

I have finally arrived at the whey intersection. Let’s take WPI which is virtually fat free. Wow, did I just say fat free?! So if it’s fat free, where would the hormones estrogen and progesterone be riding now? Well unless some manufacturer has added some steroids in powder form to the WPI powder, then it should be free from steroid hormones according to the law of physiology (and attachment). That’s the way I see it. Now has anyone got a different view from the one I’ve shared with you here?

Thanks for your patience…I knew I’d get my whey back somehow!

http://www.biology-online.org/9/1_chemical_composition.htm

Fadi.

Oh fadi lol, i did giggle.

WPC contians more not too much more, plus its so much cheaper then wpi.

Does your theory mean that fat free milk doesnt contain these hormones as they have nothing to bind too?

Oh fadi lol, i did giggle.

WPC contians more not too much more, plus its so much cheaper then wpi.

Does your theory mean that fat free milk doesnt contain these hormones as they have nothing to bind too?

Precisely, but I’m not crazy about casein though. Let's put it this way n00bs, I'm willing to compromise with WPC (since it's amazing for your immune system) and milk itself since although it has about 85% casein, it's not in the concentrated form as one would have by exclusively buying/adding casein powder. So I'd go low fat milk with either WPC or WPI and that's it.

Fadi.

Last edited: