• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Impressive lightweights

Brick

Was just having a look at the PA website when I saw this pic of a 66kg class lifter pulling 271kg.

That is a fucking EPIC lift.

luu271dead.jpg

That is phenomenal. I am always impressed by guys who have massive power to weight. I could walk passed him and not even realise that he lifts! Strong dude, very impressed.

Not discounting these guys in any way, but short = better leverages for a given bodyweight, so they tend to to have superior strength/bodyweight, everything else being equal.

I think height can be used as another factor in quantifying the scale of relative strength.

The people with the biggest coeff score (outside of Australia where it seems to be 90kg) tend to be the lighter lifters. Not sure if this is just a coincidence

Nghiep isn't that short. But he's wirey, and has long arms/long legs, perfect for deadlifting. He has previously done 277.5kg raw at 67kg about 10 years ago, back before the IPF changed the weight classes. He only really got back into lifting seriously in the past 2 years.

Raw, I don't follow equipped lifting. At the last IPF classic cup the results by Wilks were:

Turakhanov Davranbek 80,00 491,54
Likhanov Dmitry 104,05 497,58
Sumner Blaine 158,75 498,08
Tuchscherer Michael 118,70 498,58
Simonyan Kamo 113,75 504,07
Raus Alex-Edvard 104,20 506,32
Coimbra Anibal 103,55 510,44
Hsieh Tsung-Ting 64,00 515,64
Bouafia Mohammed 119,85 526,45
Fedosienko Sergey 57,60 576,72

Maybe it is coincidence looking at this but it does seem like a small range.

Look back at this I must have seen the top 3 and assumed it favoured lighter lifters

Well I say fuck the wilks and the equilibrium and whatever other method you use that cat in the pic is wiry as all shit weighs 66kg and still gets 271kg off the floor and locks it out.

That is very fucking impressive, regardless of leverage advantages or anything else.

Also the dude in kungfoos video is borderline midget so I don't think he counts those ****s have circus strength, nuff said.

Bouafia who came in second on Wilks was awesome. We did our last squat session together at the venue. Just before he had introduced himself and asked to get a photo with me. I didn't know who he was. He worked up to an easy 330x1 squat like a warm up. That was two days out. I was like "woooo holey crap".