• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

important questions!!!

Mr Wilson

hi, im 21 and have been liftin for about 2 years now. have deicided that i want to compete as a natural bb. i know there is alot o thread probley explainin alot of this stuff but ill ask anyway....i told the bloke at the place were i get all my supplements what i want to do and he is huge so i buy everthing he say is the real deal. eg pre trainer i take black powder with a tea spoon of acetyl-l-carnitine. and i take protein call myofusion which tastes unreal. i used to take just straight creatine before but he say it no good. then i jump on hear and read some are for and some are againt pre-trainers. who do i beleive? and then i read about all the good proteins and myofusion doesnt come up anywhere. so by now i feel like a dick? i want some honest answer so i know exactly wer i need to be headin. please
cheers

Have you considered food, seriously?
Don't be too concerned with supps. Have some bulk WPC in the cupboard and some creatine and a balanced diet high in protein med carbs and fats.

Last edited:
They're called supplements for a reason, because they're just that. Getting good food and alot of it should be your number one priority. The main reason you don't read about Myofusion on this site is because it is just an expensive brand name protein. People here prefer to be smart with their supplements and money. They're probably paying the same price for 5kg for WPC as you are for 2 kg of myofusion.

As far as pre-trainers and creatine goes. Creatine monohydrate is tried, tested and proven to be effective. Also it's cheap. The main thing about pre-workout drinks is they generally are stimulant based i.e. have caffeine. That is where you get the extra kick from. If you really can't workout without caffeine you should just buy some caffiene tabs online from the states, $5 for 90 tablets at 200mg each. Dirt cheap. The downside of caffeine is that it promotes cortisol production (stress hormone) which is actually bad for muscle growth. So ideally you should really try and steer clear of caffeine. Also it reduces the effectiveness of creatine.

As far as supplements goes I would recommend a cheap WPC powder bought in bulk, creatine monohydrate, and maybe some BCAA's to have during and post workout. This should have you covered and then just focus on getting your diet right.

I agree with skidmark.

Please do your research into Caffeine if you feel the need to take it.
Don't just look into the body building aspects, look into all the other parts of your body it will mess up.
If you decide to give it up, ease yourself off or it will bite you pretty hard.

Lastly, I very seldom pay much attention to people who are selling a product.
Imagine if that guy told you the truth...they would go out of business :p

Good luck with competing :)

cheers fells. i forgot to mention that i have a pretty good diet. well i think so. for breaky i have a bowl of oats with a scoop of protein then mid morning i have half a cup of brown rice and a chicken breast lunch i have steak with vegies and eggs mixed together and sometimes some organic pasta and mid afternoon about an hour before i hit the gym i have a banana and a shake and a shake straight after and a good feed like staek or chic and vegies then some eggs before bed. feel free to shed some light if it could do with some tunnin. also i used to take growing dog monohydrate creatine. is this ok? and what are some good wpc powders that yous would recommend that dont taste too bad. and what is BCAA's?
cheers for all your help.

also i used to take growing dog monohydrate creatine.

Lol I just thought the brand name was funny, haven't heard of it before thought. Creatine monohydrate is all the same, as it is creatine monohydrate.

It's actually 'Growling Dog' and it's far too expensive for Mono.
Look elsewhere for Mono please, i hate seeing hard earn dollars go to waste.

Last edited:
Lol I just thought the brand name was funny, haven't heard of it before thought. Creatine monohydrate is all the same, as it is creatine monohydrate.

yea as Shrek said, it's Growling Dog lol.

They have creatine bars which are amusing. They're like 3 - 4 bucks per bar and each bar contains "an entire two grams of creatine monohydrate" as per the label.