• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Impending quad injury felt innocuous, like a cork

Zoot

load-bearing member
In case it helps anyone else:

Friday last week I had a mild pain that I would describe as being like a bruise or a cork, right in the middle of the outer quad, the vastus lateralis or whatever it's called.

Was really nothing, but I aborted the Friday squats anyway out of caution. By Monday it seemed much better so I squatted again. Got up to Friday's weight, noticed that pain had returned, but it was really quite mild so I carried on. Three reps into a work set and there was a tearing, ripping sensation in the muscle, and bang, I'm buggered. Am now getting around on crutches for a couple of days till I can put some weight on it.

The reasons I missed/ignored it were
- it was so mild
- it was right at the mid-point of the muscle - all the other injuries I've had have been in the joints & ligaments, e.g. shoulders, elbows, hip flexors, knees, etc
- it felt so different from the above injuries. Didn't really trigger any of the "don't do it you'll make it worse"-type warnings. Maybe the brain had decided it was just a bruise.

Anyway, if it helps anybody else to avoid something similar, then great...

Jeez... sounds painful man.

You probs. frustrated as well.

Man I could have cried. Three weeks out from the Wild West Shootout comp here in Perth, I've been training for this one for a few months now.

Pain really wasn't much, the tearing sensation was a worry though. Doesn't really hurt just walking around but I wouldn't want to try a body weight squat right now. Am just resting it, icing it, keeping it elevated when I can. Scoffed a couple of Voltaren at first, just trying to stop any swelling or inflammation. Touch wood it'll all come back as good as new but probably not in 3 weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Man I could have cried. Three weeks out from the Wild West Shootout comp here in Perth, I've been training for this one for a few months now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Huh?

What sort of comp. is that mate? You get to shoot stuff etc?

Sounds like fun :)

Huh?

What sort of comp. is that mate? You get to shoot stuff etc?

Sounds like fun :)

It's a 3-lift comp on Oct 13th at the Muscle Pit in Perth, I think it's an annual thing. It will be fun alright.