• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

If you were to add up all your $$$ spent on supps...

think of all the girls everyone has gotten because of their bodies, they have saved a lot on prostitutes :p

I was more questioning how effective these supplements actually are. Most are useless.

I would guess most people wouldn't look any different wether they spend thousands on supps or spend nothing.

I would guess most people wouldn't look any different wether they spend thousands on supps or spend nothing.

It's impossible to tell... for many reasons. Supps work differently on different people for one. So testing two individuals doesn't work very well (one on supps, one placebo). Likewise if you use the same individual there are issues with conditioning due to previous training. ie, if you go placebo first then you are conditioned when you take supps. You could wait a period to remove the effects of conditioning but you would only introduce other factors such as increase in age - a year can be significant with respect to test etc..., stress factors in the individuals life (impossible to quantify and very significant), and other lifestyle and social factors which are impossible to control over a long duration.

This is why supplements continue to exist. They can't be proved and they can't be disproved due to length of time required, and the contributing factors to their efficacy are intangible and unquantifiable.