• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

If you only had a barbell and plates

Have push-ups been mentioned yet..?

Then do them, lots of them, throw plates on your back, etc.

Otherwise you'll have to get inventive and construct your own bench/rack out of shit lying around. In Arnold's encylcopedia he talks about having to clean the weight before doing incline presses as they didnt have the bench for it.

Pavel's Power to the People would be good, largely revolves around deadlifting and presses. The Oly rings are awesome and will give you a great chest.

Standing incline press

7634_176149966065_738111065_4231175_5286292_n.jpg

was just thinking if u had spare plates, lay them on the floor in a line and lay on them for slightly more ROM for the floor press.
loled ^

I should point out that it was a missed power clean and he ended up going over backwards lol.

At one of the early PTC garage competitions

as everyone else has said. Put the the weight plates on ur back and start doing push ups. This exercise will work your chest alot as well as most of your upper body.

what do you mean If you only had a barbell and plates?

thats all i have and need.

Simple and as stated........Barbell and plates, nothing else, no bench, no rack, no nothing, just barbell and plates.

The plates on back thing is a bit crap cause to put enough plates on your back you need a training partner to stack them and help balance them. I tried this in my shed ages ago.

if u can do more then 8-12 push ups x 3-5 sets with a 20-25kg plate on ur back then you aren't a beginner and probably own more then just a barbell and plates hey lol.

if u can do more then 8-12 push ups x 3-5 sets with a 20-25kg plate on ur back then you aren't a beginner and probably own more then just a barbell and plates hey lol.

Read the opening post mate, I didn't say I was a beginner (although I'm certainly not advanced) and yes I can do that many push-ups with a 25kg plate no problem.

It may become a possibility that I will be in remote areas at the end of this year. And the only equipment available to train would be a barbell and plates that I would store in my ute. That was what the whole thread was about, to get some ideas about training chest.

Last edited: