• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

If you could only do one weight bearing exercise a day what would it be?

kindred

One exercise a day but each day the exercise can be different. What would be the best of the best exercises to do.

For example:

Monday - Bench press
Tuesday - Dumb-bell rows
Wednesday - Squats
Thurday - Deadlifts
Friday - Biceps curls
Saturday - Triceps kickbacks
Sunday - Military press

Do you mean the best exercises for full body muscle growth?

Deadlifts
Squats
Bench Press
Military Press
Close grip Chin Ups
Dips
Rows

But it would be very ineffective training this way and you would get poor results.

And forget all those isolation movements !!!

The main reason i wanted to know is when i lift hard with one exercise say bench press or what ever i can hardly lift my arms let alone weights. So wanted to know what everyone thought was the most effiecnt exercises so i can focus on them.

Not negative but a realist.
Do your bicep curls alone on Friday then, but you time and effort would be better spent on multi joint exercises.

One exercise a day but each day the exercise can be different. What would be the best of the best exercises to do.

For example:

Monday - Bench press
Tuesday - Dumb-bell rows
Wednesday - Squats
Thurday - Deadlifts
Friday - Biceps curls
Saturday - Triceps kickbacks
Sunday - Military press

Dude, working each day is a stupid idea. Your body needs to rest to grow. Fatigue is NOT a muscle by muscle thing - its systematic, if your feeling tired and unable to lift then you need to REST not just slow down, but actually do as little as possible for a few days - no lifting, hell don't walk up or down stairs if you can help it. If your body is working on repairing an area it will not be as strong even in other areas.

Better to work out 3 days a week and do some good compound exercises.

Lets say its mon wed fri

Mon:
Squats
Bench
Deads

Wed
Squats
Press
Rows

Fri
Power Clean
Chins
Dips

Every other day you can do some light non impact cardio and active stretches to stretch out the muscles and help them stay flexible.

All lifting exercises should be either 3x5 (very heavy) 5x5 (heavy) or 3x8-12 (moderate to heavy) depending on what your wanting to do.
Do this, eat 4000 calories and REST damnit.